Riko Sakurauchi x Suicidal! Female Reader (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I wanted to be homeschooled but they said I had to go to school. I knew they cared about me but it always felt like they loved my younger sister more. I glanced over to my younger sister who was 3 years old. She was considered a complete angel. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"(Y/N), don't fall asleep okay? We're almost there." My ma told me. I opened my eyes again and sat up straight in my seat. We arrived at our new house and the moving truck was already there. "Sweetheart, why don't you go look around the neighborhood while your mother and I go unpack." My ma told me, "And bring along your little sister." I nodded and got out of my seat then grabbed my little sister. She squealed in joy and clung onto me. I'm so glad I didn't get an annoying little sister that always screams and kicks. We got out of the car and I looked around my surroundings. 

"You must be (Y/N)," I heard a voice. I turned my head to the side to see two girls. One had purple eyes and blue hair while the other girl had green eyes and black hair. "How do you know me?" I asked. "Our parents know each other. My dad was the one who offered the job to your mom." The girl with blue hair said. The two girls were taller than I was and older by assuming their looks and height.

"My name's Kanan. My friend here is named Dia. Dia, this is the girl I was talking about, (Y/N)." Kanan introduced. She gives a friendly smile and wave and I did the same in return. "Is this your little sister?" Kanan asked, bending down a bit to look at my sister face to face. My sister squealed and tried to grab Kanan. She grinned and looked at me, "Mind if I hold her?" I shook my head and handed her my sister.

She giggled and began to play with my sister along with Dia. I smiled a bit at the sight then looked towards the ocean. "Hey (Y/N), we need to head to school now. We'll talk after school alright?" Kanan said, handing me back my baby sister. I nodded and said goodbye to them as well walked to school together.

I decided to walk around town and get used to everything. I watched as three girls ran past me quickly. All I saw was a blur but during that blur, I saw a flash of red hair. I looked at the three girls who kept on running. One with orange hair, the other with brown hair, and the third one had red hair. My eyes widen as I watched the three of them run away. "Could she be... No no. It must be someone else with red hair." I muttered and continued exploring the town.

-----------

It was almost dusk now and my moms had finished unpacking. My ma was taking care of my sister while my mother was cooking. I was sitting outside on my porch, watching the sunset on the ocean. 

"Yo!" I heard Kanan said. I looked to the side to see Kanan with her friend Dia again. "Hey," I replied and got up from my spot. "You live around here?" I asked. Kanan nodded and pointed to the house next door. "Anyways, tomorrow we're gonna walk to school together alright." She told me and handed me a uniform. "This is your school uniform." She told me. I nodded and put them on my porch. "Dia lives here too?" I asked. Kanan shook her head. "No I walk her home," Kanan said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

I nodded and was about to speak again but I heard my mother call. "(Y/N)! Dinner's ready!" She called. I said goodbye to the two and grabbed my uniform then headed inside.

After dinner, I went to take a bath. I took off my sweatshirt and looked at my arms in silent. They had old and new cuts. I also had cuts on my stomach and legs. I sat in the tub staring at the ceiling. I'm tired of all of this. I'm tired of putting on a fake smile and saying that things are okay. As much as I love my moms and sister, I could never be as happy as I was before. Not without Riko. She was like another half of me I couldn't move on without. I've never been truly happy without her by my side. I put on fake smiles and grins for my moms so I wouldn't have to worry them. They don't know that I still cut and I don't need them to know. I got out of the bath and got dressed then went to bed. 

----------------

I was walking behind Kanan and Dia as we headed to school. The two kept talking and flirting as if I wasn't there. (A/N: Yea I ship Kanan and Dia together. Fucking fight me.) It was normal for me though, I'm usually ignored by almost everyone anyways. I kept quiet the whole time until we reached school. I spent my morning time alone until it was finally time to class.

"Everyone. Meet your new classmate. Please treat her well." The teacher introduced me after I wrote my name on the chalkboard. I bowed in front of the class as they clapped. I looked up to see it was the orange haired girl and brunette from yesterday. I sat down at my seat and looked at the board. The teacher erased my name and began to teach.

The door slammed open several minutes later to show the red head from yesterday panting. "So-Sorry I'm late. I overslept." She apologized and sat down at her seat. The teacher nodded and continued teacher. 

I felt my heart stop at that moment. The angelic voice of hers and how her eyes sparkled. It's her. It's Riko. Her red hair was much longer now and she was even more beautiful. I felt my cheeks heat up as my heartbeat quicken.

I can't believe it's her. After all these years, we're sitting in the same classroom. Only several seats away. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I tried to focus in class but my eyes always averted back to Riko.

The bell for lunch finally rang and students began to go to their group of friends. I nervously got up and looked at Riko. She was talking with the other two girls from yesterday. "Come on (Y/N). There's no need to be nervous. She's your best friend. Just take deep breaths." I told myself. I took one last deep breath and walked over to Riko.

"He-Hello," I stuttered. Riko looked up at me and smiled. "Hello there, are you new here?" She asked. My smile dropped as I felt everything inside me get crushed. No... has she forgotten about me? "Ri-Riko?" I asked. She looked at me curiously and asked, "I'm sorry. Have we met before? I don't remember who you are. How do you know my name?" 

I felt my whole world crash down at that moment. I felt my heart break as I screamed inside my mind. "N-No," I said, holding my tears. I wanted to scream at her, to tell her that it was me. Her best friend. The one she left behind so many years ago. The one you broke your promise to. But I couldn't bring myself to say those words. I simply stared down at my shoes as I gritted my teeth to hold back my sobs. "Are you okay?" The girl with brown hair and blue eyes asked concerned.

I shook my head and backed away from them. "I-I have to go," I said and ran out of the classroom. I heard them call for me to come back but it only made me run faster. I wanted to run away from the pain. I wanted to run away from here. From everything.