Chapter29: Unfortunately

CHAPTER 29

“Come on say it again,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Nahhhhh,” he smiled goofily.

“Why? Come on say it pleaseeee,” I pleaded once more.

“Why do you want to hear it again?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” I snorted.

Daniel was about to talk back but a knock on the door cut him off.

“Ms. Dixon, the doctor will come in shortly to talk to you and your parents.”

“Oh, okay.”

“We’re not yet done here,” I wiggled my finger at Daniel but he only smirked at me as he slowly made his way out of the room.

* * * * * * *

“So you’re free to go now?” he furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not pleased.

“Yeah, well, that’s what the doctor said. I’ll be fine as long as I don’t work myself too much and I should just take a rest for 3 weeks, drink my meds and yada yada yada."

“Are you sure you’re feeling fine now?” he scolded.

“Dude, you’ve asked me that for the nth time; yes I am fine!”

Ian raised his hands in defeat. They’ve been convincing me to stay in the hospital longer so I could recover better but I refused. I miss my room and I really don’t like hospitals. It creeps me out.

“You know, I heard the nurses’ gossip for today,” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“And I’m supposed to be interested because?”

“Well, their latest gossip is that, I quote, a patient let a sex god sleep in her hospital bed and they were caught making out,” he smirked as my face went tomato red.

Those nurses! How come we didn’t hear the door opening or even closing? Why did they need to gossip about it? Ugh!

“Hey, in my defense, Daniel hadn’t been sleeping properly. I think he deserves to rest,” I sighed.

“But no need to make out in a hospital bed, right?” he laughed.

“Stop it,” I grumbled.

“Aww, but that was totally hot you know. Making out in a hospital bed after you two made out,” he said in an exaggerated girly voice making me laugh quietly.

“Hey Sam, your mom said you need to change clothes now,” Daniel’s head popped in.

“Uhh, yeah, okay.”

“I’ll see you later Sam,” Ian winked.

“What was that about?” Daniel arched an eyebrow curiously.

“Nothing,” I said quickly.

Way to go Sam. You don’t sound suspicious. Not at all…

“What was it?” he pushed.

“A nurse saw us last night and spread it to other nurses,” I mumbled.