Chapter4: Becky The Bitch

CHAPTER 4

"Mom, I'm home," I called when I entered the house. Why is it so silent? Where's Cameron? Where's mom? 

"Sammy!" I yelp in surprise when Cameron's little arms snaked around my waist.

"Hey there little man! Where's mom and dad?"

"Mom's in her room, dad's still at work," he informed.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"But you don't know how to cook," he cocked his head to the side.

"Who said I'll cook for you? I just asked you Cam," I grinned at him. Then he pouted. Oh my gosh he looks so adorable! I think this is the time I describe Cameron to you.

Cameron is my step-brother. He's 6 years old. Has a blonde hair, unlike mine which is brown. He stands just by my waist. When mom and dad adopted me at the age of 12, Cameron was 1 by that time.

Wanna know my history? Nah, it's just too dramatic for my liking.

"Hey Sam," mom came downstairs. When she hugged me, she stilled for a moment.

"Why do you smell of cheeseburger?"

"Ugh… can anyone stop asking about it?" I moaned and went upstairs to take a looooooooong shower.

While scrubbing my body and getting rid of the food smell, my mind wandered to what happened today. It's only been a week but Daniel and I are ....... I don't even know how to put it out, but I think you get what I mean. 

He's being cocky sometimes that I just want to throw nuclear bombs at him, there are also times that I want to pinch his cheeks and sprinkle him with rainbows and unicorns and candies.

--------------------

I was stuffing my locker with my books when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hi there kitten." 

"Seriously, Daniel, what's wrong with you?"

"Why?" he asked, puzzled.

"You keep on bugging me, it's very ..." I let out a frustrated sigh. Just seeing his face makes me annoyed.

"Sexually frustrating?" he beamed at me.

I smacked his head, hard.

"You know, violence isn't the solution to everything," he laughed.

At the word violence, my breath hitched. I told myself I'll erase that moment but I just really can't hide from the dark. I think he noticed the change in my mood because he kinda slumped down and looked me in the eyes.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just a headache," I lied.

"Want me to take you to the clinic?"

"What's the catch, Summers?"

"What catch are you talking about, Dixon?"

We stared at each other for a moment before he broke out in fits of laughter.

"What's funny?"

"I-I j-jus-just realized th-that you can be like, di- Dick son, you know like p-pen--" I hit him with a book multiple times.

"Hey, hey, hey... slow down woman," he grunted. Ha! Sweet revenge.

I waved him off and headed out for the 2nd to the last class. I was nearing the classroom but someone yanked my arm causing me to fly back. When I looked up it was none other than Becky, the crack whore of this school.

"What's your problem Becky?" I hissed at her when she dragged me to the girl's bathroom.

"Stay away from him," she hissed at me.

I laughed bitterly, "Seriously, that's what this is about? About Daniel? What the heck is your problem?"

"He's mine, you bitch!" she growled.

I flinched when her hand connected with my cheek. That one hurts.

"Consider this as a warning, Dixon. I mean it. Stay the hell away from him," she snarled at me

"Wow Becky, I never thought you'd stoop this low. You are pathetic," I smirked.

She flipped me the finger before she strolled out.

I think I won't be able to attend class today, people would just ask me about the bright red hand print on my cheek and I am in no mood for interrogation. I walked home as fast as I could.

Flopping down on our comfy sofa, I started to munch the small bowl of M&M's I prepared. What, I'm stressed, therefore I should eat chocolates. I think I'll rest for a bit, besides, I still have 1 hour till I pick up Cameron.

When I got bored just munching on these luscious chocolates, I sat up and moved the coffee table near me. I turned on the stereo and maximize the volume. I lined up the M&M’s, 2 rows, 10 each, facing each other. I flicked each of them, targeting the other M&M’s they’re facing. Okay, I’m so weird guys, I get it. When I was done, chocolates were scattered on the floor. I mess things up when I’m sad okay.

I moved on to throwing M&M’s in the air and catching it in my mouth. That, ladies and gentlemen, is my newfound talent. I was having so much fun when someone rudely dinged the doorbell.

“Hey, kitten,” he smirked. When he got a close look on my face, his smirk instantly dropped. Oh crap! I forgot about the slap mark! It still stings, I guess it’s still bright red.

“Daniel, what are you doing here?” I breathed out.

“Why didn’t you attend your last 2 classes? Did someone slap you?” he asked. Clearly, he’s annoyed at the moment.

“I-It-I-ah-uh,” I can’t form any sentence, dang.

“What happened, Samantha?” he snapped.

“It’s none of your beeswax, Daniel. Now what are you doing here?” I snapped back.

“Just curious as to why you left,” he shrugged, “Seems like you’re having a party.”

When I looked at the clock, it’s time to pick up Cameron.

“Oh shit. Hey are you coming in or you’re just gonna stand there?” I asked.

When he stepped in, he let out a whistle and chuckled.

“Did a tornado occur in here?” he asked bemused. Oh shit, I forgot about the chocolates.

“Sorry about that, I was just fooling around, I guess.”

“Hey, where are you going? You’re not just gonna leave me here, are you?”

“I’m gonna pick up my little brother, so you may leave now.”

“Good. I’m coming with you,” he beamed at me.

EDITED.