Chapter22: Unheard Explanation

Chapter 22

My breath got caught in my throat.

No. Not only Becky the Bitch was on his arm, he was also flirting with 2 more bimbos whose skirts could fit a 4 year old girl.

The worst part? When his eyes connected with mine, it turned stone cold then he smirked and continued to flirt with the girls.

That stung.

I felt a tug on my arm and when I looked over my shoulder, I saw them looking at me with soft eyes and Brent sending daggers towards an oblivious Daniel.

“Just let it go,” I smiled sadly at them. Well, tried to smile, at least.

I willed myself to turn around and make my way towards English lit, the only class that I don’t have with him.

As I entered the room, the class went silent. Now I know what people mean when it’s so silent that you would hear if a needle drops. They all looked at me curiously. The girls sending me hate glares while the jocks are smirking at me.

“Go back to your fucking businesses, you dicks!” Brent bellowed.

“Thanks,” my voice cracking at the end.

I just have to hold on till the bell rings.

* * * * * * * *

“Oi slut!”

“Phone sex tonight, babe?”

“Ride my disco stick, Dixon!”

“Whore”

“Slut”

“Cheater”

“How much for a night?”

I tried so hard to block the name-callings. Believe me, it’s so hard to ignore them. Whoever said that, “stick and stone may break your bones but words don’t,” must be a complete idiot; because words cut deeper than a physical blow. They rip through the very end of your soul, leaving you scarred for life.

“Don’t listen to them Sam,” Kate’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

“Yeah, they are just talking bull anyway,” I shrugged as if it’s nothing.

“ALL OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I’LL TEAR YOU LIMB TO LIMB WITHOUT EVEN BLINKING!” Ian growled on the hallway, making everyone scamper away.

Ian has always been my protector. Always ….

“I think –”

“That’s stupid.”

“Hey! I haven’t finished my sentence yet, you crumpet!” Ian scowled at Brent.