Chapter11: The Party

CHAPTER 11

“So now, are you feeling any better?” Daniel asked as I hopped off from his bike.

“Daniel, you’ve asked me that since Monday and it’s now Friday. I think I have reassured you many times that I’m perfectly fine now,” I slapped the back of his head hard to knock some sense to him.

He grinned, “just making sure you will not ditch me.”

“You know, you’re giving me an idea,” I said as I scratch my chin to make it more dramatic.

“You’ll come with me right? You can’t ditch me! That was our deal!” He whined.

“Gosh you’re such a kid. I’m only kidding,” I rolled my eyes.

“You’ll come okay?” he pointed is slender finger at me, narrowing his eyes.

“What’s up with this party anyway?” I have attended a couple of parties before and trust me, it NEVER ended well. Bad ……… things happen when you’re in a party.

“It will be held in the cemetery,” he beamed.

Wait, what? Cemetery? Like where dead people are?

“Don’t you think it will be disrespectful?” A bunch of drunk teens making out in a cemetery is not a good picture, okay. It’s really disturbing.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow, 7 sharp, okay?” he said completely brushing my question off.

“Okay,”

* * *

The day passed with everyone gushing about this party. The only thing I know about this one is that it’ll be held in the cemetery that’s quite far from our house, that particular people were assigned to bring the party stuffs.

“Earth to Sam,” Katie waved her hands in front of me. I didn’t even realize that I’m zoning off.

“So, as I was saying, you need to pick your clothes like right now,”

“Kates, it’s only 3 and he’ll pick me up at 7! And Katie, please come with me, please please please” I exclaimed, waving my hands in the air to know how exasperated I am.

“But you need to look hot! Annnnnnnd, you know mom is setting me up with her co-worker’s hot son,” she giggled.

“Stop giggling, it’s creeping me out,” I gagged.

“Shut up. Now, shower and scrub, you reek,” she pushed me to my bathroom.

* * *

For the past 3 hours, Katie’s been fixing me up. My hair’s now in loose curls, make ups all done professionally by her, and she chose my outfit. She FORCED me to wear this short jean shorts and a loose, red cropped top that hangs in my shoulder and shows off my abs, and my red converse.

Okay, I admit it, I look kinda hot ……………..

I was just about to eat the pizza mom prepared for me when the doorbell rang.

“Sam, stop raping that pizza, your date is here,” she said as she opened the door revealing a very hot looking Daniel.

“You’re early … Hey that’s my food mother!” I frowned as mom took my pizza.

“Yeah, I thought you’d like to eat first,” he smiled.