Chapter 23: I miss you

CHAPTER 23

Suffocated.

That's how I feel.

I feel like my whole world is about to shut down.

I have moved on but why does he need to come back?

"What are you doing here?" I asked venom seeping through my lips.

"I'm here for you, princess," he smiled and it made me sick to the abyss of my stomach.

"Fuck you," I spat. I tried my best not to show my true emotions though my knees are about to snap because they are shaking badly.

Not a good move, Sam. Not a good move.

His lips twitched and I know for a fact that he's trying his best not to lash out on me while Daniel is standing just 2 meters away from me.

Holy fuck! Daniel! I forgot he's here!

"Connor?"

My neck almost did a 360 degrees spin when Daniel’s shocked voiced filled my ears.

How did he know Connor?

When did they meet?

Questions... Questions....

My head is full of questions and my emotions are frenzied.

So I did the cliche thing every girl does when she can't handle her insanity.

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could to Ian's house. He's the only person who knows how to handle me when I'm like this.

Because he'd been with me when it happened.

*********

“Fuck him! FUCK HIM!” Ian shouted, pacing wildly around his room, “I swear, I swear to God and to everyone above that when he lays even just a finger on you,” he inhales deeply while I just sat on his bed, emotionless.

“Ian, what if he …” my voice cracks at the end as I imagine the cruel things he has done repeating in my head.

Ian silenced me with his finger. When he saw the broken state I’m currently at, his gaze softens.

“I promise you Sammy, when he even… I’m gonna fucking kill him. No wait, I’m gonna torture him till he pleads for his death.”

If we were in a different situation, I would’ve laughed but I’m too scared to even take a deep breath.

“Hey Ian?”

“Wh—” before he could continue his sentence, I hugged him.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

“Aww, Sammy, you know that you’ll always be my little sister,” he cooed making me smile.

I was about to break away from the bear hug but he started to sing ….

(Song on the side by the way. Listen to it while you read the rest! )

“Hello there,

The angel from my nightmare,

The shadow in the background of the morgue.

The unsuspecting victim,

of darkness in the valley,”

“Your voice sucks,” I murmured trying to lighten the heavy feeling I have on my chest.

“Shut up Sam, I’m trying to lift your mood here,” he glared at me but I can hear his teasing tone. Then I let him continue his singing.

“We can live like Jack and Sally if we want

Where you can always find me,