Chapter3: Peek-A-Boo

CHAPTER 3

SAM'S POV

It has been 4 days since I distanced myself from Daniel.

4 days since he lent me his shirt.

4 days, I've been staring at his shirt that's casually hanging in my closet for 4 days.

4 days since he walked me home. An awkward 20-minute walk, to be honest.

4 days of ....... Okay, I'm being a creep now.

Stahp it Sam.

You know, eating in the library, avoiding his piercing stare beside me, avoiding running into him, everything that has something to do with him, I successfully dodged it.

I'm now seating outside the building. In the soccer field to be exact. It's lunchtime. I'm casually eating a cheeseburger (with extra, extra ketchup of course). I don't know how come I'm thinking of him when I'm supposed to forget about him.

You know ....His captivating brown eyes, sexy lips, his messy brown hair that I just want to run my hands on it. His mouth-watering abs, those fuc----

"BOO !"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !"  I screamed then smacked my cheeseburger on this bastards face.

Yes, because a piece of food can protect me. Let’s now cheer to my stupidity.

"What the fuck?!" the intruder hissed.

I was calming my pounding heart while this stranger was trying to take the mess out of his face.

Then came in sight was none other than Daniel Summers.

"What the heck was that for?" He shouted at me.

"You can't possibly blame me! You sneaked behind my back!" I shot back at him.

"But you weren't supposed to smack me with your cheeseburger!" he shouted.

The ketchup and mustard were smeared all over his face. There's a slice of tomato hanging by his nose. There are bits of burger patty on his cheeks and eyes. A lettuce on his forehead.

He looks ridiculous.

I can't help it, I laughed.

I laughed so hard that there are tears forming in my eyes.

My sides are burning ............................ His eyes too.

"You think this is funny?" He snickered.

"No, I think it's dramatic. That's why I'm crying, see?" I rolled my eyes at him and continued laughing. I really can't stop. He looks like a boy that was thrown to a trash can.

"Wanna know what's funnier?" he had this evil look on his eyes. I sensed it's not going to be good.

Uh-oh.

I stood up fast and ran ...

I ran so fast ...

When I took a glance back, I regretted it right away. I tripped on a rock and landed on the ground with an oomph.

Then he laid on me. Resting his elbows beside my head and trapping me. His whole body pressed against mine. Holy cow.

"W-wha-wh-what a-are you d-doi-doing ?" 

Real smooth, Sam, real smooth.

"Showing you what's funnier," he smirked. Oh dang that smirk again.

Then it got silent. Too silent for my liking. Then he inched his face to mine. He's getting so close, I can't breathe anymore.

His face is closer .....

Closer .....

Closer .....

Then he rubbed his cheek against mine causing the mess to rub on my face too.

"Eeeeeeeek!" I squirmed beneath him.

Then he sat up and smirked at me, "you look adorable now, kitten."

Then the bell rang. But he just continued on straddling me. He took off his shirt and wiped his face, slowly. Okay, I think I'm panting like Po from Kung Fu Panda after he climbed the stairs.

Then I heard wolf-whistles. Oh shit, I'm very dead now.

"Can you please get off me, now?" I plead.

"Now, why should I? I think people are enjoying the show," he smirked again. Damn him.

"Come on it’s getting harder to breathe!" I told him. This got his attention because I saw that his features lighten. He quickly got off of me and surprisingly, he offered his hand for help.

When I got up, he brought his hand, which was holding his shirt, up and wiped my face with it too.

I'M MELTINGGGGGGGG. SOMEONE PLEASE HIT ME WITH A BASEBALL BAT. Wait a minute, did he just....

He's slowly wiping the dirt off my face and looking at my eyes intensely. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and whispered, "now get out of the field 'cause these jocks are eye-raping you."

"Thanks," I breathed out, "but you still look funny." Then I scampered away from the hungry wolves.

Class ended and guess what, I still smell of cheeseburger. Katie, my weird bestfriend, even took a bite of my cheek. Okay that was just so gross. But that earned her a smack on her head.

"Seriously, you smell yummy," she giggled.

"But that doesn't mean you can take a bite. I'm a human and that can be considered as cannibalism," I raised my eyebrow at her.

"So ... What's with you and the new hottie? Michael? Keith ? Dan --"

"Daniel," I continued it for her, "and nothing is going on between us."

"You know, I would've believed you if he isn't checking you out right now," she said, amusement clear in her tone.

When I turned around, Daniel was leaning beside his locker, I think, with a smirk.

"Come on, let's go before the lion bites the lamb," I grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

For sure the lion ain’t him.

EDITED.