Chapter7: Friends?

CHAPTER 7

I was speechless.

I stared at the sky fighting back the tears that are threatening to spill out.

I told myself that I’ll be over it.

It’s been 7 years. They said I’ll get over it. They said things will work out just fine. They said the pain would go away. They said I’ll be fine.

Well I guess what they told me was all a lie.

When I regained myself, I closed my eyes and took a heavy breath.

“She’ll get better,” I whispered. The hurt is very evident in my voice, I wish he didn’t notice it.

I was having a debate whether I’ll tell him about her. Maybe I can someday. Just maybe ….

“Hey,” I whispered softly, “can we be friends?” 

Did I just really say that?

He looks taken aback by my sudden request. His eyes were wide, mouth hanging open. Well, I can’t really blame him, even I’m shocked.

“Okaaaaaaay,” I let out a long sigh, “it’s fine if you really don’t want to. I’m not forcing you. It’s just that you seem like you can use some friend right now. Well I’m not saying that I’m good with comforting people but it’s just that I think—” 

I stopped when I realized that things were getting awkward. Can someone please slap me with a baseball bat?

When I looked at him, he was just staring at me with that stupid smirk. Seriously, what’s up with boys and their smirk?

Somehow he finds my uncomfortable state amusing.

“What?” I snapped suddenly feeling embarrassed.

He chuckled then shook his head, “you look cute when you’re blabbering.” He rested his head on his hands while smiling at me. I immediately looked away.

So where’s the boy who almost killed Max?

Suddenly my cheeks flamed. Is it just me or it’s really hot in here? Then I remembered his face when he was punching Max. Daniel is really protective of her then, huh?

“Thinking of something?” he cocked his head to the side.

“What? No I was just …I’ll head home now. Bye Daniel,” I said as I got up.

“Good, I’ll drive you,” he grinned.

“What?”

“What what?”

“What?” I’m still confused.

“What what wha—” then he burst laughing. Clutching his side making me more confuse than ever.

“You’re so funny Sam. I’ll drive you. I’m your new friend remember?” he smiled.

Oh.