Colby Imagine 21 - Reading Your Journal

.Before you all start yelling at me for not doing your imagines and writing random imagines, this was requested but the one who requested it did not what it to be for them. I just want to let you guys know that I'm trying to finish imagines as fast as I can and I will open up requests soon. I have about 7 more to get through and like to put a lot of effort into these. So please don't hate!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________________________

***Your POV***

My journal held everything I had. But it was all in the form of words. Every thought, every feeling, every action was in there. That's why I never let anyone see it. I put a fake cover on it and stuck it in my bookshelf. I had so many books, it wouldn't stand out. I also wrote stories, poems, and song lyrics in the back so if anyone found it and read it, I'd probably disappear forever. As I tucked it into my bookshelf before I headed to school, I thought about the day's events. School, then my crush, Colby Brock, would come over. Colby and I were good friends so it didn't seem out of the ordinary for him. But for me, every time he came over, I just about melted.

The one person who could never read this was Colby. Then he'd find out I had a crush on him.

School was boring as always but Colby made it bearable. He was good to me. He stuck up for me, opened doors for me, and treated me the way I think guys should treat girls.

So Colby met me at my car after school.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

I flushed red and I looked at the ground so he wouldn't see. Of course I was still smiling like an idiot. A lot of my friends said it was obvious that I liked Colby. But they also said not to worry because by the way he treated me, he definitely liked me too.

"Shut up, he's just being nice," I told them.

As the blush subsided, I looked into Colby's blue eyes.

Colby held out his hand.

"What?" I said.

"Let me drive," he said simply.

I was confused but dropped the keys into his hand anyways. Since Colby and I were really close, he knew how to get to my house. He was very comfortable with my family because he always just walks right into the house without knocking. I was usually right on his heels though. As always, we went up to my room. My parents trusted me with boys in my room. So having Colby over was nice because my parents weren't checking on us every 5 seconds. Colby and I just sat on my bed and were on our phones. Occasionally we'd show each other something we found funny or relatable.

I hadn't eaten lunch that day so I told Colby I was going to get some food. We settled on Chick-Fil-A. Colby was comfortable staying in my room when I wasn't there which was kind of weird.

As I left, I thought, 'I'm glad Colby doesn't know I have that journal.'

***Colby's POV***

I'm such a bad friend. Good friends don't read their friend's journals. Well, she was more than a friend. I had a major crush on her. But I didn't know if she liked me back. That's why I was going to look in her journal. I saw her pull it out once, while we were FaceTiming. It was on her book shelf. I grabbed the book and flipped to the first page.

She wrote, 'Why  do I have crushes on people I don't get chances with. Especially my best friend. I guess all I can do is keep things the same with Colby.'

I flipped to the last page she wrote in.

'My crush on Colby still hasn't faded. I wish something would change but it never does.'

She liked me. How would I tell her?

***Your POV***

Halfway to Chick-Fil-A, I realized I forgot my wallet on my bed. Home wasn't that far so I turned back. When I opened the door I saw Colby. He had my journal in his hand. He looked startled as he saw my standing there. My face was probably shock and embarrassment.

"O-oh hey, back so soon? I'm sorry. I did-didn't know this was a j-journal," he stuttered.

He looked down at his hands and then back up at me.

"I didn't know you felt that way about me," he said softly.

"Yeah," I said looking down at my hands. My face was probably redder than ever. "I really hope this doesn't change things. I like our friendship."

"Well, I'm pretty sure it's going to change."

I looked up, sad because he didn't want to be friends anymore because I liked him.

"I've had a crush on you for a while now too," he said.

I was shocked.

"So beautiful, do you want things to change?"

I nodded, smiling.

Colby crossed the floor and wrapped me up in a hug.

I never knew I wanted something to change so much, and how happy I would be when it did.