Colby Imagine 18 - Cute for Astrid

Another day of stupid school. Normally I don't mind school but there was this stupid boy Colby who's always an asshole to me. He would always call me names and laugh when I'd get pissed off. Honestly, I hated him.

Despite what Colby said, I thought he was super hot and before he started making fun of me he was actually really sweet.

'You know what?' I thought to myself. 'I'm going to confront him and see what his problem is.'

The thought of just talking to Colby made me so nervous. But I shouldn't be treated like this without a reason. With the plan to confront Colby settled, I headed off to school.

'This will be easy,' I told myself as I pulled open the door and took a step inside.

And who do I see first? Colby. Had he always been so tall and intimidating? I gulped. This will so not be easy. I quickly rushed to my locker.

'After school,' I promised myself. And then I headed to class.

Surprisingly, Colby didn't bother me all day. He usually bothered me the most during lunch but I never even saw him. I hoped that he went home. Or decided was tired bothering me. Then I wouldn't have to confront him. If I couldn't find Colby after school, I wouldn't confront him. I went through the next three periods wishing with everything I had that I wouldn't have to confront Colby. If this failed, what would he do? Would it get worse? Would he start spreading rumors? I had to start taking deep breaths so I could get enough oxygen. God, I really didn't want to do this.

But with my luck, Colby was right in front of my locker after school, like he was waiting for me. Not even his friends who followed him everywhere were around. Maybe he realized he didn't taunt me today, he decided he needed to finish the job. But when I looked closer at his expression, he almost seemed nervous. That shocked me a bit. Colby was always so sure of himself. I almost walked in the other direction.

'Remember your promise,' I thought to myself.

I marched straight up to Colby, despite my whole body shaking as if I was touching a live wire.

"What the hell is your problem Colby?" I demanded as soon as I reached him.

He looked up in shock and confusion.

"You always make fun of me What's your deal?"

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. I waited.

"I love you, Astrid," he blurted out.

I was taken aback by his words.

Colby looked like he instantly regretted the words but kept talking.

"The only reason I picked on you was because I wanted you to notice me."

"Well, that was the wrong way to do that. But we can try to make things work."

He looked so relieved that I knew I said the right thing.

Maybe this thing with Colby would work.

Maybe.