Colby Imagine 16-Cute for Maddison

It was lunch at school and you were sitting in a crowded cafeteria with a tray full of food in front of you. To your left, was your best friend of 4 years, Caroline. On your right was your boyfriend Colby, who had started dating you around the time when you met Caroline. It was a normal school day except that you and Colby were going to go to the park after school. He said he had a surprise for you.

You didn't eat and Colby wasn't talking to you. He spoke to everyone but you but kept whispering to Sam, who was on his right, and both or them kept glancing at you.

Throughout the day your anxiety increased every time Colby or Sam looked at you. Caroline noticed the glances too. She walked up to you while you were at your locker after school.

"What's with Sam and Colby today? They keep glancing at you. And apparently Lucas is in on the secret because they are all huddled over there talking."

You glance a little down the hall to see Sam, Colby, and Caroline's boyfriend whispering to each other.

"I don't know. Colby said he had a surprise for me after school. I'm really scared that he's going to break up with me."

"If he breaks up with you, I'll punch his face in," Caroline threatens.

It made you chucked a little bit because Caroline was 4'11" and Colby had a good 6 inches on her.

You shut your locker and turned back around to come face to face with Colby.

"You ready to go?" Colby asked nervously.

You nodded and walked out to Colby's car. The ride all the way to the park was filled with awkward silence. Finally, you arrive at the park.

You and Colby start walking towards the not very dense woods behind the park. Just in the trees but far enough no one else could see, there was a blanket with candles lit tea candles surrounding it and a little basket off to the side.

'This is a little extreme for a breakup,' you thought sourly.

Colby took your hand to and sat you down on the blanket.

"I brought you here to..." Colby said shakily. He inhaled deeply and began again. "Maddison, we've spent four years together and honestly they have been the best years of my life but..."

Your heartbeat was pounding in your ears and you couldn't breathe. Colby was going to break up with you. You could feel the tears rising but you wouldn't let them fall.

Colby reached into the basket and took something out but it was too small for you to see.

"Maddi, I love you and these years have been have been everything I've ever dreamed of having. You are the best girlfriend I ever had."

'He's trying to sugar coat it,' you thought. You stood up and Colby did too.

"But I can't have you as a girlfriend anymore."

The tears started falling but Colby did something you didn't expect. He got down on one knee and presented you with a little black box. He opened it and inside, was a ring with a small diamond with a gold band.

"You can't be my girlfriend anymore. I need you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

You said yes and Colby stood up and slid the ring onto your finger. He kissed you and you knew that you and Colby would never leave each other.