Colby Imagine 20 - Cute for Melanie

***Melanie's POV***

When Colby and I fought, it was brutal. We screamed, we cried, we broke things. But he never hit me. And of course, I would never hit him.

But this fight was pretty bad.

"COLBY YOU NEVER SPEND TIME WITH ME ANYMORE! YOU'RE ALWAYS WITH SAM! OR BRENNEN! OR COREY OR ELTON!" I screamed at him through my tears.

"MELANIE, I HAVE A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT TO RUN! TWO ACTUALLY! I PAY MOST OF THE BILLS FOR US RIGHT NOW!"

"SAM STILL FINDS TIME FOR KAT! COREY FINDS TIME FOR DEVYN! BRENNEN FINDS TIME FOR MAGGIE! WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!"

"BABY, I STILL LOVE YOU! EVERYTHING I DO IS FOR YOU! I'M TRYING TO SAVE MONEY TO GET US A NICE HOUSE!"

I took a step closer so we were only a foot apart.

"YOU AREN'T DOING THIS FOR ME! IT'S ALL FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FUCKING SELFISH!"

Colby's hand came out of nowhere. He hit me across the cheek and the shoved me back. I stumbled and fell to the floor. Colby's eyes were on fire. I'd never seen him so angry before. Just then, Sam walked into the room, with Kat on his heels. They took one at us and then looked at each other.

"Colby, let's go. Right now," Sam demanded. They both walked out of the room. Kat approached me and kneeled on the floor next to me. She could see the tears in my eyes and the red handprint on the side of my face.

"Come on," she said pulling me up with her.

We went downstairs. Sam's car was gone. It was just Kat and I in the house. We put some ice on my face so the redness would disappear.

"What were you two fighting about?" she asked.

"He never spends time with me anymore. He's always out vlogging with Brennen, or shooting a video with Sam, Corey, Elton, and Aaron. I don't know why he doesn't want me with him. And it's just me. He has no problem being with you or Devyn. Why doesn't he love me? He used to spend every available second with me."

"Melanie, you don't see him when he's not with you. He's miserable. He always talks about you. It's actually impossible to make him stop. And when he talks about you, his eyes light up like nothing else."

"Then why doesn't he just let me be in videos?"

"The hate that Devyn, Maggie, and I receive is overwhelming. And he's seen how bad it hurts us, how much it affects us. He knows you're tough but he doesn't want you to experience this. It can really take a toll on you."

Deep down inside, I knew he did everything for me. God, I fucked up. He would never forgive me for this.

***Colby's POV***

God, I fucked up. She would never forgive me for this. I just hit her. The number ONE thing my parents ingrained into my head was to NEVER hit a girl.

"Colby, talk to me," Sam said.

As soon as Sam saw the red mark on Melanie's face, he got his keys and we left. We'd been driving for about 2 hours now. Tears were still streaming down my face. Every time I thought I was done crying, I thought of the look on her face. The hurt in her beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"What is there to say Sam?" I said quietly. "I just hit my girlfriend. What type of horrible person does that?"

"Colby, you are not a horrible person. Everyone makes mistakes."

"Mistake or not, she won't forgive me."

"Well then you don't know her as well as you think you do."

By this time, we were in the middle of the woods, driving a narrow, curving road through the tall longleaf pines. Then we stopped. Right in front of the car was a beautiful lake. Sam and I both got out and stood at the water's edge. The sun was almost gone, setting over the water perfectly.

"Sam, what do I do? I love her. I can't lose her."

Not even turning to look at me, he said, "What do you think you should do?"

"Let's go," I said quickly. I had a plan and it was going to get Melanie back.

***Melanie's POV***

Kat left a little while ago. She stepped outside to take a call and quickly came back to tell me that we were staying at a hotel for the night. We drove for about 2 hours, ending up in a hotel in a small town not far from a lake. Apparently Kat was going to buy some food for us.

I looked out the window of our hotel room. It was on the fifth floor, the highest floor. The view was amazing, even though I couldn't see the lake. I wish Colby were here to see this. Then I started pacing.

Should I text Colby?

What if he ignored me?

Would I have better luck calling him?

Where was he?

I missed him.

I went over to the bed and lay down. I just wanted to sleep. Maybe the whole thing was just a bad dream...

I woke up dazed. It was still dark out but the sun would come up soon. I glanced around and saw Kat sleeping on the bed next to mine. I remembered last night's fight. We went to this hotel. I checked my phone which was right next to me to see if Colby called me. Nothing.

I sat up and stretched. God, I needed to take a shower. I looked around for the bag I packed quickly. I knew I had some jeans, PJs, and a couple shirts and jackets. I knew that I also had a smaller bag with my toothbrush, toothpaste, make up, a hairbrush, a few hair ties, and some other odds and ends. I just hoped this hotel provided towels. I found a couple spare towels in a cupboard and went to take a shower. I towel dried my hair and left it down.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I found Kat eating some cereal at the small table in the corner of the room. I sat across from her and poured myself a bowl. We ate in silence but Kat seemed distracted. She probably wanted to get back to Sam.

We stayed in the hotel room all day, until about 8. Then Kat hustled me into her car and drove us down to the lake. I just stared out the window at the tall pine trees. ng sun shined through the trees, occasionally letting the sun glance across my skin. The road was long but curvy, winding around the trees that were too big to move. We stopped but I still didn't look up. Kat handed me her phone. A video was pulled up. Colby.

I opened my mouth to ask so many questions but Kat cut me off.

"Just watch the video. You can ask questions later."

I pressed play.

"Melanie," Colby's voice started. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have ever hit you."

I touched the spot that was still a bit sore.

"I regret ever fighting with you. And hitting you was the biggest mistake I ever made."

Tears started welling out of my eyes.

"I don't know how to make it up to you. And if you don't want me around, which I understand, just say something. And I know I'll never be able to fix that night, to take back what I did, but if you could ever forgive me, I would be the luckiest person in this world. But whenever something is bothering you, tell me. I wish you would have told me a long time ago that you thought all those things. Whatever you need, just tell me. Because I love you more than anything. More than my family, my friends, my own life. I love you and I want to make you happy."

Tears were now falling, dripping of my face. I looked to Kat. She nodded to the front windshield, which I hadn't even looked out of until now. And there was Colby, with millions of my favorite flowers surrounding him. Nestled in the flowers were all the picture Colby and I ever took during our relationship. The sun was setting perfectly over the  water.

I jumped out of the car and ran into Colby's arms. I noticed he was crying too. I tucked my face into his chest as I was crying. He rested his cheek on the top of me head and kept saying, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

I pulled away from him and told him, "It's ok. I love you."

He pulled me into a kiss and that moment was infinite.