Chapter 31: Cloaked

Author's freind's note:

Hi everyone, Leeroy-in-purple here. I apologise on behalf of Mickyx101 for not uploading a chapter sooner. She's been really busy with all sorts of things including school... And then just when she was about to upload, her internet (or computer, I forgot/not sure which) died and went to internet (or computer) heaven... She's busy trying to get that sorted out so in ther interim, I will be uploading her chapters for her. I feel so special to get to help her update this AMAZING story!!! So please go ahead and READ, COMMENT, VOTE and FAN!!! ENJOY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were finally in Ahina. After 3 straight days of planning and strategizing for every possible outcome, we were finally here.

My hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail, and I could feel my eyes glowing with power. The heria sword was in a sheath resting on my right hip. Mina and Ian were a little ahead of Michelle and me, clearing a path through the dense forests near the cliffs.

“This way.” Mina called, “We’re a few minutes away.”

Michelle and I shared a short glance, before simultaneously picking up our pace to catch up with the two adults. I shifted the backpack on my shoulder, trying to get some feeling back into my hands. Mina had insisted on hiding the cloak until we were at the cliffs.

Eventually we reached a clearing and Mina and Ian stopped for a breather. I gratefully dumped the bag at my feet and stretched my arms over my head. I caught the bottle of water Ian threw me and quickly began to drink. Clouds were rolling in, turning the sky a dark, dangerous grey. Thunder rumbled in the distance. Michelle had collapsed onto a log with her legs stretched out in front of her.

I sat down next to her and passed the water bottle to her. She took it with a grateful smile and took a deep drink. I pulled my hair loose and let it fall like a curtain around my face. I rubbed the heels of my hands into my eyes, before looking up.

“How long?” I asked.

“A little less than an hour. The cliff is just past those trees.” Ian answered.

I nodded and went back to contemplating. We were literally just a few feet away from the traitor. Mina was certain the traitor had been one of the Council. Only they had the power to give anyone access to the castle. I knew for sure that the All-Father would be waiting for me, ready to claim me as his immortal bride. I still shuddered at the thought.

You are nothing like him Ella. Remember what Luke said… I told myself. I felt a small tear well up at the thought of Luke. He should’ve been here, sitting next to me; cracking jokes and laughing like the world wasn’t about to end. But he wasn’t.

Wiping away the tear with my thumb, I stood up to face them, “This is it. We’re here, finally. This ends today. I don’t care what happens to me, just that the All-Father is locked back in the Shadow World where he can’t hurt anybody else.”

“We’re behind you, all the way.” Mina said.

“I know.” I whispered.

I ran my fingers through my hair, pulling it over my shoulder until it framed my face. Reaching over, I grabbed my bag and pulled open the zipper. I pulled the cloak out and slowly unfolded it, letting the silver material cover my arms.

Despite the lack of sunshine, the cloak still managed to shine brightly; almost giving off a glow. Slowly I stood up and swept it over my shoulders and tied the string at my neck. I pulled the hood over my face, and pulled the fabric over my shoulders.

I lifted my head to face my companions who had assembled a straight line. The moment I lifted my head they fell to their knees, sweeping their arms out in a bow. Their foreheads pressed to the earth as they slowly chanted, “Sivash kaluk thiv surak vayesh.” We humbly serve you.

Yashor.” I said. “Rise.”

They got to their feet and watched me silently. I slipped my hand into the cloak and wrapped it around the hilt of the sword and felt a moment of calm wash over me. It was time.

~O~O~

There was a group of them waiting at the cliffs, five altogether. They wore black cloaks, with hoods covering their faces. Their wings were all grey; muted and powerless. Their auras were practically non-existent; just a slight blurring of the dark background surrounding the figures. I remembered what Mina had told me; how Jevidana used the auras of his followers to keep himself in the human realm.

It had begun to drizzle while we were walking through the trees, but now it was a full-blown rain shower. We were completely soaked as the thunder rumbled and the lightning flashed around us.

As we walked forward; one in the line of five moved forward to greet us. I lifted my chin to watch as he swept him arm in a circle as we approached. Suddenly the world seemed darker, and the rain began to fall harder.

I watched the shadows creep up from the cliff, turning the ground black as midnight. They creeped along the floor, tendrils reaching out like the legs of an octopus. The one who had greeted us bowed his head and backed away as the shadows coalesced into a huge puddle in front of me. Slowly the shadows began piling of top of each other, growing faster and faster as a mountain of black formed. First legs, then hips, waist, arms, shoulders and finally a head.

The All-Father threw his head back and let out a howl that was more animalistic than human. Then he looked at me. His red eyes were swirling around the inky pupil, “Welcome my love.”

“When will you realise that I would rather die than consent to be with you.” I said, my voice filled with contempt.

“It shall happen, don’t worry heria.” he replied.

“As much as I’m enjoying this talk, I’m here for another reason.” I said.

“I know, I know, revenge. It’s always about vengeance with you young people isn’t it?”

“You’ve killed so many, and you plan to kill more. It is my duty to stop you.”

“You would give your aura to send me back to that prison?”

“My job is to make sure you can do no more harm in this world.” I said.

I drew the sword out of its sheath and held it out. The blade glowed, and I could feel the power of the blade pressing into me. I tightened my grip on the hilt and stepped forward.

The All-Father quickly moved backwards, chuckling he said, “Hold on there princess. There’s something I want to show you.”

“I don’t care about your show and tell.” I said.

“Don’t you want to know who the traitor was? The one who sentenced the entire Council and your little half-breed boyfriend to death?” he whispered. “The traitor is right here, standing in front of you. Aren’t you at least curious about his identity?”

Before I could reply a figure moved out of the line. The black cloak dragged over the shadows covering the floor, slightly distorting them. The man walked forward until he stood next to Jevidana.

The All-Father smiled, “Presenting, the traitor of the Angelus…” he said, reaching an arm up to the hood.

He grasped the hood and pulled off the man’s head.