The new girl at Hendrick Motorsports

**Hendrick Motorsports driver interviews before Daytona track testing 2014 **

"As of last summer Danica Patrick is not the only female in NASCAR anymore. Yes yes I know she had everyone cheering for her at one time. And she disappointed many. But I promise you all that this year. As I make my debut at Hendrick Motorsports, that I will not let any of my fans down."
The brunet says answering a persons question who's wearing a Speed shirt. She looks to her left seeing Dale Earnhardt jr., he nods with approval making her feel good.And to her right is Johnson. Still the top dog as everyone calls him at HMS. Rick Hendrick, the owner of Hendrick Motorsports stands at the back smiling as he sees all five of his drivers sitting so well together. The big announcement was that he chose to sign Chase Elliott's sister to the team. Destiny Elliott, who has held the title of the ARCA series five times. She has won the Nationwide series championship two times. In 2013 she had challenged Ricks best driver for the sprint cup. She had won the Homestead race but Johnson had her by two wins. A director points to another interviewer.
"You in the black."
The guy said pointing to him.
" yes this is for Destiny. How do you think your going to run knowing your now part of one of the biggest cooperations in NASCAR?"
The guy asks holding up his iPhone to record her answer. Destiny smiles and looks back at him.
" I feel like I have a better chance this year to knock Johnson over here off of his king chair."
Destiny says with a grin on her face as she looks over at Johnson. He also has a smile on his face trying not to laugh.
" I feel like I always will have someone to watch my back now. With either Jr. Or Gordon. They all got my back. I believe only kasey is having trouble accepting the fact that a girl is now on his team. Or maybe it's because I'm going to break all his records."
She grins looking over at kasey Kahne who has a cocky grin on his face. Jeff Gordon laughs as he has a perfect view of kasey. Another guy asks a question to Jimmie about being teammates to the runner up of last years championship run. Destiny looks over the crowd and thinks about how much she can't wait to get back into her car. Johnson finishes and the interviewer looks pleased. Another guy asks Destiny a question.
" How does it feel to be the youngest female to be in NASCAR?"
Destiny grins knowing she's only nineteen and is already at the top of her game.
" I think that also gives me a great advantage over these guys. They are all in there twenties and thirties. I'm only nineteen and I'm right on the ball. So ya'll better watch out out there."
She says jokingly. The guy is pleased. A official comes in and ends the session. Destiny gets up and gives Jr. A high five.
" nice job for your first time being with a big team."
Jr. Says laughing.
" you know there's a rumor already going around that kasey may like you."
He says still laughing. Destiny laughs back. Jimmie Johnson walks over to the two of them hearing a lot of laughter.
" what's so funny?"
Johnson asks. Jr. looks over at him and smiles.
" the press say that kasey has a crush on good old Destiny over here."
Johnson laughs looking at Destiny. Her brown eyes sparkle in the mid afternoon sunlight. Her hair looks so soft as it slightly touches the sides of her face. Her skin so pale like she has not been out in the sun in forever.
" well she is something you know."
Johnson says after he catches his breath from the laughing. Jr looks at him surprised.
" did I just hear you correct?"
Jr looks at him as well as Destiny.
" what? She's got game."
Johnson says as he slightly blushes. Rick comes out calling for all three of them.
" yah boss?"
They all say in unison. Rick looks at Destiny smiling. He lightly hits her on her shoulder.
" nice job kid. I'm proud of you."
He smiles then looks at Jimmie.
" I believe Chads looking for you Jimmie. He mentioned something about testing out a new setup."
Jimmie nods and heads to his Lowe's hauler.
" Jr. I wish you luck with your new crew chief. I know you and Alan finally had it all last year. I hope you and James will get along."
Jr nods and looks at Destiny. He wraps his arm around her shoulder.
" Do you want me to stay behind her for a few laps?"
He chuckles asking rick. Rick smirks trying not to laugh.
" yuck! You two are so discusting!"
Destiny yells as they both burst out into laughter. Destiny runs off heading for her hauler. The hauler is red with a large oval on it. Inside the oval it says " SV Engineering". The SV is white while the rest is grey like steel. The sponsor takes up almost the whole side of the hauler . The logo for NASCAR Sprint Cup sits at the far right near where the cab hooks up to the trailer. Destiny opens the door and goes into the hauler. Her crew chief Case is sitting at the table with her spotter Joey.
" Hay what's up?"
Case asks seeing Destiny. Joey looks up seeing her. She's in the mini fridge rummaging through what's left from their last test run.
" what no more good food? Just old pizza?"
Destiny asks while pulling out a can of Coca cola and cracking it open. Joey laughs.
" it's only a two day test then we head back to Charlotte Des."
Case says. Des is what her crew calls her. It's one of those things when you spend enough time with people in NASCAR, your tagged with a name. Plus Case wanted to nickname her before the guys did.
" I get it. But the boys need to still eat you know. I need a healthy team."
She says chuckling. Joey gets up and hugs her.
" Man I can get used to this."
He says laughing.
" so whats the deal? Am I going out doing single runs like Johnson or am I drafting with the rest of the guys?"
She says then takes a sip of her cola.
" Des we want you to run what you feel comfortable with. But we do need some qualifying times so we know what we are working with this year."
Destiny nods putting down her coca cola. Joey looks down at Case and also nods.
" we will be going out around one alright?"
Joey says to Case.
" alright just make sure that car is ready for her."
Joey nods and walks past Destiny to head out of the hauler.
" so where's Chase?"
Destiny asks Case curiously.
" I believe suiting up for his run. You two are the next big hit you know. Elliott siblings out on the track. It's like the Busch brothers but better."
Case smiles and gets up.
" I'll see you out there alright?"
Case says giving her a warm smile. Destiny nods as Case leaves the hauler. She goes into the far end of the hauler and sits down on the sofa turning on the wide screen. The first driver out on the track, Chase Elliott. Destiny grins as she watches her brother take to the track.