The flowers in your hair look so nice (I might be in love)

AN: does anyone remember flowercrown!harry, redhaired!louis and lilac!niall? because i certainly do, hon hon hon hon hon
this is again fluff. and short. i'm running out of ideas. *cough* requests are welcome *cough*

ps.: we all know that i just wanted to use the word "paradiso" in the last one shot, don't we
*secretly promotes german band*
***

In which they're flowers and fairies and kind of really happy

The flowers in your hair look so nice (I might be in love)

***

"He's just the prettiest little flower out there, isn't he?", Niall breathes and sighs dreamily, fluttering with his shimmering wings just the tiniest bit and his smile is so languorous, that Louis almost gags.

"Then why don't you fly over to him and ask him if you can... nibble on his nectar for a bit?", the fairy with the bright read hair and the clothes made out of green leaves offers with an eyeroll and nudges his friend softly, who turns to glare at him.

"I can't just fly over to him and talk to him-- it's-- I can't. He's a flower and I'm a fairy, it's just business between us.", Niall mutters and pushes his lilac strands of hair out of his vision in a kind of frustrated manner. Louis sighs at him and jumps a bit into the air, hovering above the other lad laying on the grass on the wide flower field, clad in purple and white pansies and forget-me-nots, which highlight his light blue eyes.

"Exactly, he's a nice little flower and you're a nice little flower fairy, I don't see your problem, man", Louis drawls and pokes Niall into the bum.

"Oi!", the lilac haired bloke shouts and  flutters with his wings a little more powerfully, so that he flies, too and can poke Louis back. "Why are you always teasing me, Louis?", he complains and flies a bit higher, out of his mate's poking reach, who sticks his pointy fingers out again.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he catches his other friend Zayn winging lazily around some colourful tulips and he quickly decides to leave Louis for him. With an almost incredible speed he darts towards the black haired man and consequently runs him over.

"Zayn!", Niall yells before they crash together and Zayn groans loudly.

They tumble down onto a petal of one of the tulips and land right in the flower, a mess of purple and white glimmering wings, managing to almost break the tulip and getting shouted at by said flower.

"Oh, for Mother Nature's sake--", the flower grumbles and it's only Liam, Niall realises and feels relieved, after he looks up from where he landed on his backside. Liam can't hold a grudge against anyone and the buds rumour, that he has a small crush on Zayn.

The rumour seems to come true, when Niall sees the short haired brunette with the tiny tulips in his hair, set his eyes onto the other fairy, who still groans and rubs his back before brushing the pollen off his trousers, which are made out of dark red roses and straightens himself.

"Sorry, Li!", Niall smiles at the flower apologisingly. "Zayn was too weak to hold me up in the air!"

"Excuse me!", Zayn complains and hits Niall's back of his head. "Who in his right mind just nosedives into an unaware and humble elf?"

"Oh, we're apparently an elf now, I see? Don't flatter your masculinity, Zayn, you're just as much of a fairy as I am", Niall snorts and points to his purple hair and clothes. "Which is quite a lot, I might mention"

Zayn growls at him and sticks his tongue out. "Oh, don't you have to check if the seeds are planted in correctly or something?", he questions. "I'm, for my part, a wind and weather fairy"

"Oh, a wind and weather fairy! Don't you have to wind the weather then?", Niall lets himself hover out of the tulip, waves goodbye to Liam, who can't get his eyes off of Zayn and finally flies away, leaving the two lovebirds alone. Even though Liam is the only one in love there.

Determined to not cause any more trouble, he decides to get back to the spot of soft grass where he's been laying before with Louis. He'll just have to ignore the redhead if he's still there.

He thinks about sleeping for a while, when he hears angry shouts and loud humming noises.
When he looks down, he sees the prettiest little flower defending a petal full of nectar against some nasty looking wasps.

"You've had enough nectar today! Go away! This ration is not for you!", the curly haired boy with the flower crown made out of lilacs yells and hugs the petal tighter to his chest.
The wasps only buzz louder and its seems like they're sneering and mocking the flower.

"Yo!", Niall interferes into the fight, landing in front of the pretty flower with his back to him, facing the wasps fiercely. "Do what the flower says or I'll make sure you won't get anything to eat anytime soon."
The insects look at each other for a brief moment, the humming turning a little lower.
"Yes, I can indeed do that, since I am a flower fairy and am responsible for the distribution of food"

The wasps seem to be satisfied with this, buzz understandingly yet still angrily and fly away, brushing Niall with their wings, as if to bully him a little.

"Thank you", the flower behind him whispers and Niall turns around and smiles at him.
"It's okay, it's kind of my job, isn't it? To protect the flowers", he says and he can't believe he's able to talk so calmly to his crush.

Harry nods and stares onto the nectar he's holding in his hands, making Niall wonder if he said something wrong.
"Uhm... this is actually... for you", the curly haired lad says then silently and hands the petal with the nectar over to the fairy. "I was on my way to bring it to you, but then there were these wasps and--"
Niall slowly takes Harry's present and can't believe it. "F-For me?"

The flower smiles shyly at him and nods again. "For you... I heard you like the nectar of lilacs and uhm-- I am one."
Niall runs a hand through his hair, which has the same colour as Harry's flower crown and it's an awkward moment of silence, before he says "thank you" as well.

He wants to kiss Harry, but he isn't sure if he should, so he lets it be.
"You're one of the most beautiful flowers I know", he smiles then and looks into Harry's wonderful green eyes, a blush spreading on these fair cheeks and Niall really is tempted to kiss him.

Suddenly, Harry reaches out and dips his finger into the nectar, smearing it onto his lips until they shine like pink honey and this sure has to be an invitation, right?
So, Niall neglects the petal of nectar in his hands, sets it down and leans in, kissing Harry softly onto his lips, tasting the sweet nectar on his own.

He pulls the other bloke closer and sweeps his tongue across his bottom lip to get more of the nectar, biting it gently, making Harry moan and it's like music to Niall's ears. Music he wants to hear from more. They continue kissing and it's warm and nice and soft and Niall loves every second of it, wondering if Harry does, too.

When they pull apart, they smile at each other brightly and Harry grabs Niall's hand.
"I'm glad Louis told me you like me, otherwise I'd never had the courage to talk to you!", he grins and hugs the smaller fairy close to his body, entwining their fingers.

"Louis told you--", Niall repeats and sighs then. "Of course he did"
With a concerned frown, Harry pulls away. "W-Wasn't that okay? Do you not like me? Did he lie?"

"No, no!", Niall replies swiftly and presses a short kiss onto Harry's lips. "This is more than okay, but Louis just can't shut up... I would've talked to you sooner or later"

This makes Harry smile again, which makes Niall smile, too. His wings flutter lightly, shimmering in the sun like a purple rainbow and it's pure bliss.