Playing Cupid

In which Louis plays matchmaker and forces Harry on dates, which sometimes end more or less sexy.

Playing Cupid

It's not been easy for Harry to come out to his friends.
Well, not because they'd bully him because of his sexuality, not in the 'Ew, you fag, get away from me' way at least, more like in the way that his mate Louis would show him pictures of guys and ask: "Is he hot in your gay opinion?", and the bloke just wouldn't give up until Harry properly answered him. It was rather exhausting, really, and it still is. Louis decided to be his matchmaker, even though Harry tried to prevent that. Didn't help, after all. Nothing helps with Louis when he has a plan stuck in his dumb little head.

It's Saturday and Harry really just wants to chill at home, watch a film or something, just doing nothing - but no chance.

"Hazzy boy! I've got a new picture for you and even I think that guy's damn hot!", Louis shouts and storms into Harry's living room. Harry sighs. He should keep his door locked.
"Even you think so, huh", he shakes his head and looks up at his so called friend who constantly keeps intruding his well-deserved privacy. "Sometimes you sound weirdly homophobic to me... like... I'm not an alien, I just like boys. I don't go up to you with a picture of a girl and say: Wow, even me as a flaming homosexual would bang her, now, do I? It's just plain rude of you"

His mate looks a bit hurt in the first few seconds but Louis' never been quite the one to care about other's feelings and therefore he doesn't now, not in the least. "Well, sorry that I want to help you find a date!", he snaps and lifts his eyebrows.
Harry groans at this. "I don't need your help, Louis! And coming up to me and showing me pictures of random guys is not a way to help at all!"

The only reply he gets is a huffy snort and then a phone is shoved right under his nose, so Harry can't help but risk a peak.
The picture on the screen shows a pretty blonde guy with pretty blue eyes and yeah, he is hot but Harry won't admit that, so the curly haired lad decides to shove not just the phone but Louis away, too.

"Oh, who's rude now?", Louis complains and jumps on Harry onto the couch. "You gotta admit that this bloke could get some and that some he could get from you!", and Harry knows that he won't give up, he never does, so he nods and hopes that Louis'll leave him alone now. 
Louis doesn't. He never does. It's exhausting and Louis is an awful friend. Harry doesn't know why he's friends with him anyway. He should've stuck with Liam or even better, Zayn, because they wouldn't make such a fuss, but no. He decided that Louis is his best mate and now the fat's in the fire.

"And surprise, surprise!", Louis shouts, always too loud and too annoying but Harry barely notices that anymore. Well, when he's not shouting directly into his ear at least. "I arranged you a date with this stunning young man tomorrow and you'll attend no matter what!"

Harry groans again and really, that's all he does anymore when Louis is around. 
"Oh god... what's his name?", he asks then and regrets the words as soon as they leave his lips.
"Aaaah! I knew you'd be interested! His name is Niall Horan, he's Irish and has an accent - I know how much you like accents - and he's funny. He'd fit in our clique just perfectly", Louis cheers and swats Harry's chest playfully. The clique Louis is talking about consists of a mostly grumpy Harry, a mostly silent Zayn, an always rather concerned Liam and Louis, that fucker, himself. 

"If you think that Niall dude is so wonderful, why don't you date him? Or why don't you just ask him to become friends with you? Come on, Louis, if you like that guy, why'd you think forcing us into a relationship would be a great idea?", Harry moans in annoyance and shoves Louis off him, who in consequence falls down onto his butt. Well, Harry knows that Louis' bum is quite big so he didn't get hurt.

"Rude!", Louis complains when he gets up again. "And I think that you two would make the perfect couple. Tall and short, brunette and blond, super annoying and super sexy, there you have it. Niall's your perfect match"
Harry sighs and surrenders. "When and where is that date?"
Louis puts on his victory face and squeezes Harry's cheeks. "Tomorrow afternoon, picnic in the park!"
And okay, alright, Harry's doing this for Louis. Maybe he'll stop annoying him now. He most likely won't but Harry likes to dream.

It's Sunday afternoon and Harry sits on a blanket in the park and he doesn't know what to do, really, he's just waiting for Niall to arrive so that he can get over with this date as soon as possible.
When the blond finally shows up, 10 minutes late, Harry is kind of mesmerised with the blond and his blue eyes and his big, shiny smile. Niall hugs him without any prior warning and Harry decides that Niall's warm and comfortable and very, very friendly. 

"So, you're a friend of Louis, right?", he asks and damn, Louis wasn't lying, Niall does have an accent and fuck, if Harry doesn't love accents. 
"Uhm, yeah, and so are you?", Harry replies quite uncertainly because what is Niall to Louis?
The Irishman laughs. "We met at a gay bar and I tried to hit on him, but apparently he's straight and was looking for a bloke to date his friend... which... you're the friend, I reckon"

Harry blushes and facepalms himself. Oh god, Louis, you complete, utter idiot. To say that Harry's embarrassed is quite an understatement, but Niall only laughs his bubbly laughter, telling him that it's okay and yeah, maybe it is. He'll have to kill Louis sooner or later anyway.

"I'm sorry that Louis... I'm sorry for Louis. Sometimes I don't know why we're even friends", Harry apologises anyway and smiles shyly at Niall who inspects the picnic basket Harry had brought with him. 
"No, no. Louis is great, seems like a good friend to me. He only wants to help you, I guess?", the blond says and pulls out the content of the basket to place it on the blanket they're sitting on. Harry sighs, nods and helps Niall. 

"But if you hit on Louis... then, uhm, I'm not really your type?", Harry points out and shuffles uncomfortably on his buttocks. Niall glances up from the strawberry he's eating and lifts an eyebrow. 
"Let me be honest... I think you're everyone's type. You're quite the pretty boy, aren't you?", he grins like a Cheshire cat and winks at Harry. "Besides, I don't really have a type. I generally like everybody until they turn out to be stupid prats"

"I hope I'm not a stupid prat", Harry mumbles, making Niall laugh again. 
"Not yet, no", he chuckles and places another strawberry on his lips and damn, damn if he doesn't try to seduce Harry with those pink lips then. Harry doesn't know what then. 

Niall even dares to lick at the red fruit before softly biting into it and if Harry's pants get a little tighter, then it's pure coincidence. He gulps and tries to not look at Niall and the strawberry and he also tries to keep his face from turning the same colour as the fruit.

"Y-You know, this is not the first time I've been on a date of this sort... Louis does things like that pretty often. Or well, often enough. The blokes I had to date were mostly dicks though...", Harry croaks out in a voice more hoarse than he had intended.
Niall smirks slightly. "So? Am I a dick?", he asks and cocks his head to the side, licking his lips.

No, but I'd like to have your dick in my mouth, Harry thinks but doesn't say it out loud, heaven forbid!
"Uhm. Not yet?", he says instead and smiles coyly at the blond who sits now closer than before... or is Harry imagining things? When Niall's leaning even closer, Harry thinks that no, he isn't imagining anything, this is real and okay, kissing on the first date isn't what a gentleman does but is he one?
He isn't. Most likely not.

"I might not be a dick but I could be your slut", Niall whispers hotly in Harry's ear, pressing a palm onto Harry's crotch and oh god, that guy is not subtly at all but Harry doesn't care, he just really wants Niall now and do things to and with him and god, he hasn't really hooked up with anybody in a while. 

Niall picks up a strawberry and bites into one half of it, not biting it off, just holding it between his teeth and places the other half against Harry's mouth who's eager to oblige Niall's intention. 
They both nibble at the fruit until their lips meet in a hot but fruity sweet kiss, which soon turns out to be a snogging session and now, Harry's painfully hard but they're in the park and they can't really do anything here. 

Harry gulps and breaks the kiss, breathing heavily. He looks into Niall's eyes, whose pupils are blown wide, his hair dishevelled and Harry wants to have him right then and there but he can't.
"W-We could go at mine? I live quite near and--", he breathes and the blond nods, both of them starting to pack up the picnic stuff hurriedly. When they're finished, both still hard, Harry has sudden doubts on what they're doing.

"I-Is this gonna be a one-night stand? B-Because, I, uh...", he stutters out and looks at the Irishman in front of him, whose brows are furrowed in thought. 
"Nah, you're kinda cute, I think I'll keep you", Niall grins then, pulling Harry in for another kiss, this one not as steamy as the other one, just a kiss that feels like a promise and Harry likes that. He likes Niall. He likes that Niall wants to keep him around. 

"Alright, now, where's your home again?", Niall giggles cheekily, slapping Harry's bum lightly, who grabs Niall's wrist and drags him with him to his car. 

-

(They didn't make it any further than to Harry's car and a few days later, when Harry kind of introduced Niall to Louis and the others, well, okay, less to Louis and more to the others, he had to admit that Niall did indeed fit perfectly into their clique but he didn't tell Louis, because he knew how smug that bastard could be.)

(Louis has been smug anyway.)

***
AN: @MiiMyselfandTime your one shot will come soon, that one takes me just a little longer to write because I've a bit of a... plot there, yeah :D x