Cold hands and rosy cheeks

In which Louis plans a trip with some of his mates, Liam gets dragged along and Niall and Harry are a bit oblivious and stupidly in love

 Cold hands and rosy cheeks

"Louis, Louis are you sure? Louis. Louis come on. Louis, I really, really think this is a bad idea. I don't even know these guys. Are you deaf? Louis!", Liam complains while he gets dragged forward by his lovely boyfriend. They're at the train station and Liam isn't exactly happy about it. "Louuuu-"
"Oh, shut up, now, will you?", Louis snaps and Liam is instantly quiet, even though it doesn't last for a long time because, you see, Liam likes to talk, or, huh, rather complain. 
"This is going to be great, trust me. Niall and Harry are good friends of mine, you'll like them, I promise.", Louis tries to assure, so Liam would finally stop whining about their trip with complete strangers (aka people only Louis seems to know).

"Ah, there they are! You see them, Li? The little cute blonde one is Niall and the tall curly haired one is 'lil, ol' Harold.", Louis cheers, lets go of Liam's hand and runs towards the two blokes who are waiting for them, apparently. The little cute blonde one seems to be just as happy to see Louis as Louis is happy to see him because Niall, which is his name, starts running as well and the two of them collide in a rather loud crash and land on the floor in a laughing mess.

It looks as if they are an army couple who were separated for a long, long time and now finally get the chance to see each other again. Really romantic and if you ask Liam, totally unnecessary. 
The curly haired one doesn't seem all too amused either because he hurries to the fallen couple on the floor, picks Niall up and drapes an arm around the blonde's shoulder. 

This confuses Liam because, well, are they a couple? Or just friends? If they are a couple, wouldn't Harry wrap his arm around Niall's waist? He'll have plenty of time to find out, Liam remembers and sighs desperately. He'll try is best to like them. For Louis.
He helps Louis onto his feet and fakes a smile. "They seem nice", he says agonized and intertwines his fingers with Louis'. "Can't wait to get to the hotel and go wandering with them in the snowy mountains, they look like much fun. Especially, uh, the Niall dude"
Louis innocently and obliviously grins back at him and yeah, Liam's too smitten with that guy to be mad at him for even one second.

When all four of them finally manage somehow to calmly stand in front of each other, Louis introduces them. 
"So, Liam, this are Harry and Niall. We've been the infernal trio back when I still lived in Doncaster", he explains with a big smile and the two other nod along, Harry less enthusiastic than Niall.
"Oh yes, they called us the trouble makers and Louis called himself the swagmastah from Doncastah", Harry smirks slyly and pats his old friend onto the head with his long arm, to which is attached a long hand with even longer fingers.
That guy is generally pretty... long.

Liam chuckles a little and nudges his boyfriend. "Swagmastah, eh?", but Louis only grumbles something in reply and asks when their train arrives, which which they'll ride to the hotel. 
Harry looks at his big and expensive looking watch and answers, that the train'll arrive in a couple of minutes and that they should go grab their bags and get ready.

The four lads separate for a short period of time and when they come back together, Harry's carrying not only his, but also Niall's luggage and Liam wonders even more what exactly they are.
Harry catches Liam looking at him strangely, so he says casually: "I take his stuff because of his dodgy knee, you know", and Liam just nods. Of course.

Niall next to him doesn't notice Liam and Harry's talk, he's too fixated on a joke Louis just told him, apparently. Harry scrunches his nose and maybe, just maybe Liam sees what's going on. The curly haired bloke definitely has a crush on Niall and is obviously just as amused as Liam is about this whole holiday trip. 

So, Liam's never been subtle, so he decides to just be open about this situation towards Harry.
He grabs his shoulder and draws him a long, a little apart from the laughing Louis and Niall.
"You like him, don't you?", he asks and Harry blushes, but nods nonetheless. 
"But you two aren't a couple?", he probes and Harry shakes his head.
"We're going to change that because he clearly likes you, too", Liam says determined and slaps Harry on the back rather forcefully. "Don't be so shy! Just tell him you like him!"

Harry's shoulders slouch and he doesn't look too convinced. "Liam, he only likes me as a friend... or a brother. Being friendzoned is awful, but being familyzoned is even awfuller", he admits and sighs. 
Liam glances shortly at the blonde next to his boyfriend and frowns. "No, trust me. He likes you. You'll end up as a couple, I know it. We'll make this trip unforgettable for the both of you", he says sternly but Harry only sighs one more time and then the train arrives, so Liam has no time to try and really convince Harry. 

When their luggage is stored safely and they're all finally seated in the train, Liam can breathe freely again. He made sure that Niall and Harry sit next to each other, which would've probably also been even if Liam hadn't pushed Niall next to the curly haired lad but Liam's taking no risks.
He loves being the matchmaker and he'll make Harry and Niall work. As a couple of course.

"This trip is going to be fun, I promise, guys!", Louis says happily after the train leaves the station. "There's going to be so much snow and it's gonna be cold and we have to make a snowball fight! And then drink hot chocolate afterwards, oh man, it's going to be great!"
Liam just smiles at his cheery boyfriend because ugh, Louis is so cute when he's excited. He's always cute anyway. 

Niall and Harry in the two seater next to them just giggle lightly and Liam notes that Niall is literally leaning against Harry, their arms pressed tightly against one another but Harry doesn't seem to get that. Or maybe he thinks that Niall's just being affectionate in a brotherly way.
Liam sighs. He has to take matters in his own hands. 

"Hey Niall", he smiles at the blonde. "Don't you think Harry's cute with his dimples and curly curls?"
Harry's eyes widen and Niall blushes at Liam's audacity. 
"Uh... yeah, I-I guess. Harry's really cute with his dimples and all. H-He's... yeah", Niall stutters and fumbles with his fingers in his lap, not daring to look at his mate but rather deciding to stare at Liam. 

Harry in the meanwhile changes his face colour from red to pale and to red again and it's funny to look at, those lovebirds are sweating like pigs and they are so oblivious.
Liam's satisfied for the moment and turns around to Louis again, who gives him a questioning glance and a lifted eyebrow as if to say 'really?'. Liam just grins and shrugs.