Love me, love me, (pretend that you love me)

Harry and Niall just somehow seem to not get along very well

Love me, love me, (pretend that you love me)

Niall usually doesn't have problems to befriend somebody, really, he likes everyone and everyone likes him. It's a common thing and really. Niall has a lot of friends. Some are better friends, some aren't, but that's just how it is. He's practically 'friends' with everyone at university, well, at least with those he knows and that are a whole damn lot. 

But then there's Harry and he just can't seem to find a connection to Harry. 

Harry is all independent and hipster and unique and really. Niall thinks that Harry's only selfish and egocentric, sometimes quite a show-off, too. Niall certainly gets that Harry's rich and he also understands that he doesn't want to dress in something less than Prada, because Harry, in Harry's own mind, probably thinks he doesn't deserve anything that doesn't cost at least half of what's in Niall's wardrobe. Plus the wardrobe. 

Harry surely has it all: rich parents, a pretty face and good grades. What Harry doesn't have is friends. So that's that. 

Niall kind of pities him. Harry's always alone and all on his own and this has to be lonely. This lifestyle of his has to be lonely and no money in the world could buy him happiness.

Well, when Niall thinks about it like that, it's actually kind of suspicious that Harry doesn't have friends, he means, uhm, have you seen that bloke's face and his bulging wallet? 

People and mostly broke university students love people with pretty faces and big, fat, overfilled wallets.

But then again, Harry is unbearable and maybe even the poorest students have given up to be friends with him. 

There's been a time, actually, when Niall has tried to get to know that dude and his curls, but Harry's just been an ass to Niall back then and therefore Niall hasn't tried any further. They haven't talked after that week, but nasty glares which were shot at each other and still are shot, say it all. 

Harry started this glaring competition and Niall didn't know any other way than to glare back. He's simple like that.

It's Tuesday afternoon when Harry obviously decides to talk to Niall for whatever reason. Niall doesn't know and he certainly doesn't care, but he tries to be nice to Harry, despite that they kind of hate each other and despite that he has done nothing and despite that Harry's green eyes are skimming meanly as ever over Niall's body.

"Go on a date with me", is what Harry says and the lad looks Niall straight into the eyes, without a hint of shame or regret flickering in them. Not even is the look mean anymore and it is really, extraordinarily confusing. So Harry isn't shy and he knows how to get to the point, but really. What is happening.

Niall is confused as hell and he stares at Harry for a couple of seconds, before he pulls himself together to actually answer Harry's question. If that even was a question, it sounded more like a threat.

"Well, uhm, no, I can't, but thank you", Niall refuses in the friendliest way he can think of, with a light and apologising smile playing on his lips. Niall is friends with everybody, Niall has a reputation to protect. Also they are both adults, they shouldn't hate each other in this childish way, it's ridiculous.

But Harry obviously doesn't take any of Niall's hypocritical shit.

"Yes you can, I know for a fact that you're gay and that you like taller guys. I am. I am taller. Taller than you anyway", Harry says sternly and it really does sound threatening now and it also looks threatening, the way Harry towers over Niall, stepping even closer and cupping Niall's face.