Princess, princess

AN: dedicated to @MiiMyselfandTime

Words I should use and did indeed include in the one shot:

tornado

granite

memory

(I want to excuse myself that I took so long for this one and I'm sorry if you don't like it. It's also shorter than I intended.)

I just wanna say that I absolutely know nothing about figure ice skating and ice hockey, but enjoy anyway. If there are any mistakes with how these sports work properly, I just want to say that I don't really care and I wanted to write this nonetheless. Thank you! x

***

In which Harry's an ice princess, some boys are rude and Niall's also a bit of a princess (even though he denies it)

Princess, princess

"Oh, the princess is back!", a mean voice snarls and makes Harry wince. He came too early, they're still here, fuck, he should've known. Monday is the day they train a little longer than usually.

"Hey princess, let's pirouette together a little, I wanna see you twirl that little ass of yours", one of them laughs and skates closer on the icy surface of the ice rink to the bench where Harry is putting on his ice skates.

He hates them, he hates the whole hockey team with a burning passion. All of them are arrogant idiots with admittedly nice bodies but only dust in their head instead of brains.

"You're just jealous that I can skate properly while you bunch only slip and fall, from what I see you're doing", he counters and stands up, walking on his skates to the edge of the icy surface.

"Aren't you pillocks finished now?", Harry snaps and frowns at the one who's leaning against the railing. He's quite pretty, okay, with dark hair and a tanned skin but still. A total dumbass.

"Oh... too afraid to come onto the ice while we're still here? What a diva!", the bloke in front of Harry sneers, turns around, takes a little run-up and executes an inelegant twirl while the others roar with laughter and start clapping. 

"Wonderful Zayn, 10 out of 10 points, you're way better than this pansy here, aren't you?", a smaller guy with brown hair yells and skates towards Zayn, only to crash with him and make them both fall onto the icy floor, sliding a little but laughing like idiots nonetheless.

Harry grimaces and thinks about going away, he can't stand this bullying much longer, when the team captain suddenly decides to speak up: 

"Let him be, you morons, remember that I used to be a professional ice figure skater when I was younger? And I think Liam started out as one, too, because his mum wanted it, am I right or am I right, Li-Li?", the boy grins and wiggles his eyebrows at the bloke next to him with the puppy-like face, who only grunts and shoves the captain a little. 

"Ugh! Don't remind me, Ni. It was a horrible time... I was horrible, my trainer always told me I was too rough and I had too little sense of tact", Li-Li sighs and shakes his head as if to push the memory of it away. "But you've been quite good, haven't you, Ni-Ni?"

The captain, Ni-Ni or whatever his actual name is, a short blond guy with pretty blue eyes (not that Harry has ever noticed that), nods with a slight grin on his lips. Harry eyes him up and down inconspicuously (not that he's ever done that before). Ni-Ni has a lithe body built, yet with enough muscles to define his limbs and he definitely looks like he's able to figure skate, which makes him only more attractive to Harry. Which is not important, because Harry isn't attracted to the lad at all (and he hasn't had a crush on that guy ever).