When it storms outside

Request: One where Niall is scared of a storm and Harry is comforting him

Thanks for the request! :))) 

***

In which they're cute

When it storms outside 

Okay, okay, alright. (Alright!)

You can say anything you want but Niall is not a pansy. He's not afraid of spiders, he's not afraid of heights (not too much at least) and he can also deal with really big and scary animals, like horses, for example.

What he cannot deal with are storms.

(It would sound better if there was an echo after storms)

(Storms--

orms--

ms--

s--)

He can absolutely not deal with the evil side of nature because he might be a man but even men have their fears, don't they? (The totally do!)

And storms are scary, really. Loud thunder rolls and lightenings and heavy wind and all that stuff is just one big no-go. To Niall (and to at least the majority of five-year-olds).

Niall hates storms and that's that.

(Sometimes he thinks that 'hate' isn't a strong enough word for what he feels towards them). 

Harry on the opposite absolutely loves storms (as much as one is able to love something you can't touch and feel and talk to and yeah, you get it).

Well, okay, he doesn't love them because they're fun to watch or anything like that, no, he loves them because when it storms outside, Niall would come to his room for safety and protection and then they'd cuddle until the storm is over and if that isn't Harry's favourite thing to do.

Cuddle Niall.

Of course he always pities Niall and puts on his understanding face when Niall shuffles into his room and under his covers, shaking and trembling.

Of course Harry nods and opens his arms and tells him that it'll be alright (which it always is in the end) but yeah. He just loves the part where Niall needs him and only him and comes to him and nobody else. 

(To be honest, there's been a time when Niall'd go to Liam but that time is over, much to Harry's delight).

It makes him feel good, being needed feels good and hugging Niall feels even better. And if you wonder if Harry likes likes Niall, then you're right because he does. (Very much a lot). He also hopes that Niall likes him back, but he's not so sure-- but then again, Niall does come to him in times of danger, right?

And god bless, it's winter and it's dark and the weather hasn't been good all day and a storm is advancing, they brought it in the weather forecast and Harry is totally ready for this. Ready to be Niall's saviour (he pictures himself as some kind of superhero).

(He could be-- Cuddle-man... the hero who saves everyone with his almighty cuddles). 

When the first lightening strikes, Harry sits in his bed and reads. Well, okay, he doesn't actually read but you know. He pretends to until Niall comes and crawls underneath his blankets to hide.

(But you have to give him credit for that he doesn't hold the book the wrong way round).

It only takes Niall two more lightnings and thunder rolls to join him and Harry has a hard time to pretend he's not excited that Niall's here with him and freaking needs him (but he thinks that his gigantic smile and wide, shiny eyes give him away anyway) (hm, maybe Niall's too scared to notice?) (Harry can only hope). 

"Harry--", Niall whispers as Harry lifts the covers of his bed and lets the blond scramble underneath. "Storms aren't cool", he says then, cuddles right into the taller lad's side and Harry laughs, nodding, agreeing with him. 

"That much is true, but I promise you the storm won't hurt you, yeah?"

He wraps an arm around Niall's waist and the Irishman buries his face into Harry's chest, cold fingers slipping beneath Harry's shirt, looking for warmth and comfort. Harry shivers at that, at Niall's long fingers touching his bare skin and he hopes that Niall thinks it's only because his fingers are so cold (yeah, maybe Niall's still too afraid to notice that Harry's literally craving his touch) (hope dies last).

Yet another lightening strikes and Niall winces and hugs Harry tighter and the curly-haired lad whispers sweet nothings into his ear (he wants to say 'I love you' but it's probably neither the right time nor the right place) (or is it?) (probably not).

(He doesn't even know for sure if Niall feels the same about him). 

(Bugger.)

"It's only a lightening, Ni, we've got an earth wire, it won't hurt you, I promise, I promise"

Niall looks up at him, out of his blue, blue, blue and fearful eyes and he looks so innocent and fragile and vulnerable and Harry simply can't stop himself anymore. So he doesn't. He leans down and kisses Niall, his mate, his best friend. For a second he thinks he fucked up their friendship forever with this kiss, but then Niall starts kissing him back and it leaves a warm tingle inside of Harry's stomach.

When they pull apart, Niall smiles shyly at him.

"W-We should do that every time when there's a thunderbolt--", he says and blushes furiously.

"Or just when-- when you want to. You can kiss me like-- whenever, yeah?", he shrugs and Harry grins brightly at him. 

"Then you'll have to tell me when to stop kissing you, because I surely won't stop all by myself, okay?", he warns the blond, who giggles cutely. 

"Then don't stop and kiss me!", he replies and catches the curly-haired bloke's lips between his own again, seemingly not afraid of the storm anymore. 

(Until the next time, though).

(Harry can't wait).