"I want to."

"You shouldn't. It shouldn't take you that long to wake me up. I promise I'll set an alarm clock tomorrow."

He shakes his head, making a turn. "You don't have to. I like waking you up."

I raise an eyebrow. "You like waking me up?"

"I do, I look forward to it."

"You're officially weird." I say, biting my lip and shaking my head.

He chuckles. "I'm not the one who smells their underarms for fun."

My face heats up in embarrassment. Last week Leroy had to get something from the bathroom, but I didn't know. I had my music on, ear-buds in and the volume on high. I ran out of my deodorant so I had to use his, and it smelled good. I'd decided that I should take a better sniff, and.. he decided to walk in when I took that sniff.

"Um.." He'd said, looking at me in amusement.

"What are you doing!? Leroy!!" I yell, putting my arm down.

"I needed to brush my teeth. What did I just see?"

"Uh, nothing. Uh. I was just, um--"

Before I can finish, he starts laughing, and laughing, and laughing. I left the bathroom without another word. This was my second time caught. This time by Leroy. Leroy!

"Forget that even happened." I say, crossing my legs.

"Never. That picture is forever burned in my memory." He says, as the car stops.

I shake my head and glance at the big Coffee cup sign. I don't want to go to work..

Strong scents of different coffee hit my nose, as I take my usual seat on the stool. Melanie rushed around the place, frantically moving stuff around. She'd been very different lately and I didn't know whether to be happy that she wasn't yelling--or freaked by how she was acting. I wipe sweat that'd formed on my head. Melanie had the heat up high, and it was burning up in here. What was it, one hundred degrees in here?

She walks past me and comes to a stop. "I have to go make a run, I'll be back." I swallow hard. I hated being alone. But I smile and nod. "Alright." She doesn't smile back. That cold hard look that she'd had once before, was now replaced by..fear? I blink twice to make sure what I was seeing was true.

"Unless, you'd like to ride with me. I can close until we get back." She says, causing my eyes to widen. Did Melanie just invite me to ride with her. I shake my head. I was sure I'd be fine here.

"I'm alright. Go on."

She hesitates. "Margret won't be here today."

"Why?" It was very unusual for Margret to miss work. She'd came even when she was sick.

"This is the date her son died."

I swallow and nod. Oh, Margret. I made a mental note to call her later. "Oh."

"Yeah. Well I better get going. Call me if you need me, Naomi." She says. She walks through the glass doors, before completely disappearing out of sight.

Something was definitely wrong with Melanie. She wasn't her, mean self. I shake my head. There was no need to complain or worry--as long as I wasn't bothered, there wasn't a problem. But there was a tiny problem. The fear I saw in her eyes, I'd never seen something like that in her eyes before.

I turn around in the stool, making myself a small cup of coffee. Turning back around, I look out the window and almost drop my coffee. Almost. There were three men in black outfits, similar as before, with ski-masks on across the street. Looking. At. Me.