Chapter 7: Sellin' Dope

Start from the beginning

"Aight Khy." She looked in the back seat towards Sasha who was still knocked out.

"Cool, thanks baby girl." I grinned at her and she rolled her eyes, but smiled back.

That was the thing. I couldn't stand Rhon but at the same time I couldn't completely dislike her crazy ass--she birthed my first born. That meant that nobody was gonna disrespect the mother of my baby.

I pulled off and drove back home. As soon as I got onto our street, Sasha woke up and grinned at me. "Daddy!" I noticed she was missing her two bottom teeth as she cheesed at me.

I smiled back, "When you lost your other tooth Sash?"

"Yesterday. Mommy said the tooth fairy would visit me, an guess what Daddy?" I parked on the side of the street.

"What baby?"

"She left me a dollar!"

"Damn, you rich!" I faked a surprised face.

"I know Daddy, but you can't curse just because I'm rich now." She said in an annoyed tone of voice.

"Sorry baby girl." I chuckled. She giggled as I scooped her out of the car and gave her multiple kisses to the face.

"You face is prickly like a bear." She whispered.

"Good, bears are strong. Get your bag, lets go." We went up to the house while she talked about everything non stop.

"Daddy, can I have ice cream?"

"Ask grandma."

"She will say no Daddy." Sasha whined.

"There go your answer."

My head was too busy thinking about tomorrow night. There was no way I was pulling up in my pathetic ass car. I wanted Adrienne to feel as if I had really put thought into this shit.

Sasha's pouting ended as soon as we entered the house and she saw momma.

"Grandma!" She ran into her arms and immediately asked her for ice cream.

"Of course sweetheart, go grab a jacket." Sasha cheered and ran to her room.

I smacked my lips, "Yo, quit spoiling her Ma."

"Don't tell me what the hell to do for my grand child, shit she's the only one I got. And don't act innocent boy, that girl has a ton of shit that she doesn't need because you can never say no to her."

"You got it." I raised my hands in defeat as Sasha ran back out.

"Oh and Khyree I left the money for this month's rent on the counter, don't forget to take it to-"

"Don't stress it Ma. Take the money back, I got it." I said confidently.

"Boy this ain't no damn time for jokes, take the money and pay the bill before we get evicted." She said grabbing Sasha's hand.

I crossed my arms, "I'm being for real, I'll pay the rent."

She blinked rapidly, "I don't suppose you wanna tell me how you coming into so much money all of a sudden."

"It's called extra shifts."

"It's called, do I look like a damn dummy to you Khyree?"

"No Ma."

"Good, I was just making sure. But if I ever find out you slangin' dope in my house, you gone think I'm mentally unstable."

"Momma, I'm not selling any drugs."

"Then how Khyree? I really wanna know cause that shitty job is barely paying you enough for a can of paint." She put her hands on her hips and waited.

"I'm a stripper."

My momma stared at me for a second before busting out in laughter.

"Grandma, what's a stripper?" Sasha asked.

"Nothin' baby, your daddy is crazy." She wiped tears from her eyes. "Khyree, just make sure the rent get paid."

"I said I got you." I shook my head while she continued to laugh all the way out the door.

"Shit, that was a good one." She called out to me before closing it behind her.

I know this chapter was short, but it's really just a filler. Anyways, do you think Khyree's momma would've believed him if he was a woman?