Chapter 22: Call Me Crazy

^One of my friends and classmates in real life :P He's an awesome writer and his story has vampires as well so you should check it out ;D

 Life with Aiden really ended up not being as bad as I'd thought it would be.

But that's only because he was never there half the time.

The Sunday after my date with Luke, I'd practically spent the whole day at home, and Aiden was nowhere to be found. Dorothea came to clean the house, but thankfully no questions were asked about the sudden appearance of men's clothing in the guest bedroom, though there were some very suspicious looks. Fortunately, she only spoke Spanish so either way she wouldn't be able to relay this information to my mom.

It wasn't even until late at night when I'd already set up for bed, that I'd heard the front door open and close. I'd heard his footsteps softly as he walked up the stairs and to his room, but when I expected to hear him stop he kept going—in the direction of my room.

Wondering what the hell he was up to, I sat up in my bed. My breathing stopped when I heard his footsteps stop right outside my door. What was he doing? I softly got up from the bed, praying he didn't hear my footsteps with his supposedly "enhanced" senses. When I got to about a few feet away from the door, I froze and tried to stay as silent as possible. I thought I could hear his muffled voice on the other side.

"Diana, I'm—" Pause. "Diana, look—"

At first I guiltily thought he'd busted me and was actually speaking to me through the door, and I was moments away from opening it and responding to him. However, I then heard him groan, allowing me to stop myself from doing so just in time.

"Umm...sorry, Diana?"

My eyes widened in surprise. He came to apologize to me? Who is this guy and what did he do with the real Aiden? I mean, it's not like he hadn't done it before, but still, every time was just as surprising considering I knew how just much he'd have to suck up his pride in order to do so.

Smiling slightly, I was a second away from really revealing myself when I heard a loud groan from the other side followed by a louder, "Fuck this..." Then, before I could even do anything I heard his footsteps quickly retreat followed by the sound of the door to the guest room opening and closing. 

 I blinked as I tried to figure out what just happened, before frustration quickly took over. Why couldn't he just man up and do it? Sighing, I got back to my bed and pulled the covers over me, trying but not quite succeeding to not let Aiden get to me yet again.

 I guess some things just don't change...

 It was weird going back to school after all of the events of the past four days. From the fire, to my talk with Aiden, to me inviting him to stay over, to my date with Luke—it all seemed like that had happened over a span of a month rather than just a few days. Unsurprisingly, when I awoke that morning, Aiden was nowhere to be found, and I wondered if that would be a normal occurrence from now on.

Whatever. It didn't matter.

I went to school as I always did after the end of a weekend—in a pissy, groggy, and dazed-like state. Seriously, what kind of a person decided it would be a good idea to have this five times a week, starting so early in the morning? It's absolutely cruel, that's what it is...

Upon entering the school building, my only aim was to find Lexi or Luke, or preferably the both of them, so that my day would at least start off a little better. I had been so caught up in looking for them, though, that I almost didn't notice that something was off. As I went further into the school, the feeling only got more intense until finally I realized what was wrong. Looking around, I noticed that everyone was staring at me. And the looks on their faces were anything but kind. Okay, this was oddly familiar.