ten: search for cipher keys

Start from the beginning

Sheriff continued, "And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?"

"We don't think there would be that many. There's a limit."

"Because of the numbers. We think that once we decode the names, the numbers will add up to 117." Scott explained.

"117 what?"

"Million." I stated.

Stiles grabbed the dead pool from the desk and began writing the letters M and K next to the numbers listed.

"117 million dollars, Dad. Stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders." Stiles added.

"Someone who wants every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead."

"So the coded list goes out. And somehow these professional assassins get that list."

"And a cipher key." I rolled my eyes, frustrated that we didn't have another one yet.

"And then they go after the names on the list. They being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wires that can take your head off."

"Let me see. Carrie was also stabbed. What's this mark?" Stiles asked looking down at the papers.

"We're not sure yet. We're still waiting on the ME's report." Sheriff told us and then shook his head, "There's one other thing I don't get. How did this new assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house?"

"Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash."

"Ah... So whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco." Sheriff concluded.

"Yeah, it was someone at the party," Stiles said.

"A student."

+++

"The both of you need to stop hovering." Lydia told us as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"We aren't hovering," Malia defended us and then looked over at me.

"We're just...waiting." I added.

"Draw something, write something...we need to know who else is on that list." Malia instructed, sounding more and more impatient.

"You mean, you need to know if you're on the list," Lydia corrected, and dropped her pencil down.

"Well, I mean, it would be nice to know if there's someone out there trying to kill me." I nodded.

"Yeah," Malia agreed, "If someone's coming to take my head off, then yeah, I'd like to know. So, pick up the pencil and keep trying, something's gotta come to you."

Lydia took a deep breath and picked up the pencil once again. She closed her eyes and concentrated while Malia and I slowly began to hover over each of her shoulders again.

"Sit down!" Lydia ordered and we both quickly ran over to the desk and flipped open a text book, "You both are making me nervous."

Malia and I glanced up at each other, trying to hide our smiles. We knew this situation was serious, but I guess in a way we were trying to make light out of it.

Malia began flipping through the textbook before looking back up at me. She pointed down at the picture of what looked like a wailing woman and we both looked up to Lydia.

"Lydia!" Malia called out.

The tip of her pencil brushed roughly against the canvas and she let out a groan.

"What? Oh my god...what?"

"Maybe we need help," Malia turned the book so Lydia could see.

"Help from another Banshee." I clarified.