Chapter 16 -Together In Azkaban

Jordyn POV

So the next day, we went into the warm summer weather of Hogsmeade in search of a newer prophet, maybe even today’s. Sirius as a dog and me as a ferret. By the looks of it Sirius was headed towards ‘The Three Broomsticks’ but me, I’m going to Honeydukes. I doubt that there will be a prophet in there but there will defiantly be candy and I haven’t had candy in thirteen years. I need some! And I bet Sirius would like some too. I really do wish that I had a dog form so that way I could just use my cuteness to get some but unfortunately I’m an underfed ferret that needs candy. I went into the candy shop hiding in the shadows incase anyone was in there. I was right, there were about seven other people . Two being people that worked there. I recognized them from when I was in Hogwarts. I grabbed a very small bag and put a charm on it so I could fit whatever I want in it. I then started shoving it with candy of all sorts. Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Licorice Wands, Sugar Quills, Cockroach Clusters, and so much more. In the end I swear that I had shoved half the store in that thing. And I had almost forgotten about the prophet. Sirius probably hasn’t gotten it so I might as well look. I thought.

So I went behind the counter with my little bag propped up on my back. I found a new stack of prophets almost immediately. I took one and put in in my bag and headed back to the Shrieking Shack.

When I got in there, I noticed that Sirius hadn’t come back yet. So I waited a bit, and about five minutes after my arrival he trotted in through the door empty pawed. (hehe pawed. Cause he’s a dog!) He transformed, I transformed back right after.

“Nothing?” I asked. He looked at me apologetically. “Lucky for you, I went and got one.” I said taking out my mini bag which seemed so much smaller when I’m a human. I opened up the bag and grabbed the Prophet. Looking down at the front page was something that didn’t surprise me at all. I mean we are probably the most wanted people in Azkaban. Bellatrix is probably up there with us too. Sirius did tell me that she was in there but we never saw her, or at least I never did. I also take it that she was the one who put the curse on Sirius.

Both mine and Sirius’s mug shots were on the front cover. Right under the big head line that read;

“Two of the biggest criminals in Azkaban have escaped” I didn’t bother to read the rest of it because it was probably a whole bunch of shit that they made up. And most of all, it would remind me of my past. Instead I just looked up to the top where the date is. It read;

August 28th

“It’s the twenty-eighth of August.” I told Sirius.

“Well then we have three days to just relax before we can start our mission.” Sirius said.

I laughed a bit. “You say it like we were assigned to do this. Sirius, it’s not a mission that we escaped Azkaban. Nobody told us we had to do it.” I said.

“Yeah I know but it makes it sound so much more professional.” stated Sirius. I laughed again.

“Your such a little kid.” I said. He nodded. It was silent for a few seconds before I remembered that I had got candy.

“Oh! I forgot! I got you something!” I exclaimed.

His face lit up like a little kids would on Christmas. “What did you get?! What did you get?!” he chanted. I pulled out the mini bag, untied it, and dumped out the candy that I had gotten. Lets just say that I surprised even myself with how much candy I had got.

“Holy shit Lou.” Said Sirius as he began digging into the candy. I laughed at his behavior. Just like I said before, he acts like a little kid.

A/n Oh yeah! End of part 2! I’m currently on the road somewhere in New York. It seems to be taking me forever to write in the car since I keep getting distracted seeing where everyone is from and then I keep yelling out “Maine” every time I see a Maine license plate. I still have a good two hours of drive time left and my laptop has about a half an hour of battery life left. So once my laptop dies I will be writing on my phone. Oh and my aunts house doesn’t have WiFi so I have no clue when this will be uploaded. I’m just writing this somewhere on the interstate so yeah. Holy shit that is a big bridge! Ok so yeah. Going to write next chapter now! Got twenty minutes to do it!