Chapter 2 - Together In Azkaban

Chapter Two

If you ever hear somebody talking about what Azkaban is like, they're lying.  It's much, much worse.  I can't even explain it and yet it's only my first day here. I can't imagine what the next week, or month, or year, I suppose it would just be easier to say, I can't imagine what its going to be like having to live here for the rest of my life. 

Seriously the moment that I was left alone in that stupid dirty cell, I felt as if I wanted to kill myself right then and there. What sixteen year old is locked up in Azkaban for life? Me, I guess. What a waste of life. If it wasn't for me dropping out of school, I would be at Hogwarts right now for crying out loud! Probably listening to Professor Snape drone on about some potion or Professor McGonagall teaching us how to transform a desk into a pig, or something like that. 

Just thinking about it made me realize that my life was a complete loss. Were there really people who were just meant to rot their life in jail? While the everyone else went on throughout their lives not giving a shit. I mean, seriously! Was there even a point of me living? Everyone hates me. All because a stupid mistake. A stupid mistake that lead to something that ruined my whole life. I might as well just kill myself, so that way I can just rot in hell. At least that would be better than here. Anything would be better than being here.

~*~

I've been sitting in this cell for about three hours now, and there is no sign of any human life around me, except for the occasional guard who would walk by. Apparently, there were only human guards on the upper floors incase someone tried to escape. Right now, I really had no intention on even thinking of escaping. 

Azkaban does things to people. Even after being in there for short amounts of time. I'm not sure if this is just me already starting to go crazy or if it's actually the sane part of my mind talking, but I just feel different, as if karma was hitting me right in the face. 

~*~

It was starting to scare me that I was probably the only one on this floor. You would think that there would be people worse, or of the same intensity as me. 

~*~

Days passed, then weeks and still no sign of human life. It seemed as if large amounts of time passed when human guards would walk by to make sure I wouldn't try to escape. 

I heard my stomach growl. I hadn't been fed since, well, since the day that I got here. After a few days I learned to ignore the hunger pains and somewhat enjoyed listening to the sound of the acids in my stomach. It was the only noise around, well besides the Dementors of whom I don't think know that I can hear them, but I guess that doesn't really matter. Every time I try to talk just to hear my own voice they try to suck my soul. "Screw this," I thought one day after trying to repetitively say "Babbling bumbling band of baboons" something that McGonagall said we shouldn't behave like at one the school Balls. A ball that I didn't end up going to because I was too busy getting branded. 

~*~

Today I felt as if I was going to die. I was about to completely starve, I was dehydrated, and just to add to the pile of shit going on, it was absolutely FREEZING! 

Luckily this is the day that four guards and two dementors decided to come take me away. Now most people would be freaking out wondering whether they were being taken away to be executed, receiving the dementor's kiss, or for some other reason. But me, nope, how much worse could life get? Might as well just end it now. It's not worth the space to have me sitting in a cell for whoever knows how long I'm going to live. 

I didn't really notice that I was doing a bad job walking until the guards started to kick the back of my legs. I snapped out of my daze and walked like a normal person. 

The walk wasn't very long. I ended up being taken to a cafeteria… I think. It was really dirty and there were rats scurrying around all over the place. I was the only prisoner in there. 

"Where is everyone." I asked, my voice hoarse from not talking often enough. I didn't get an answer, just a rather hard slap on the back of the head and then was pushed into one of the seats. 

"Eat." growled the shover. I turned my head to look at my food. If that's what you can even call it. To me it looked more like someone took a shit on a dusty tray and then for the 'water' it looks more like someone ate the shit on the dusty tray and then threw up into the cup. I cautiously looked down at the 'food'. I slowly picked up a dirty fork, my hand slightly shaking, I scooped up a bite full of the 'food' onto the fork and brought it halfway to my mouth, paused a bit, held my breath and dumped it into my mouth. Truthfully, it didn't taste that bad. Although that might just be because I haven't eaten in a few weeks. 

I ate the rest of my food in about five minutes, then the guards and dementors took me back to my lonely cell. 

A/n sorry bout the shortness of the chapter. The next should be a bit longer :D

Comment, Vote, Fan <3

~Megan