Chapter 15 - Together In Azkaban

Jordyn POV

The closest island ended up being a lot further than we thought it would be. But we eventually got there. It wasn’t really an island. More like a large rock coming up out of the ocean. It wasn’t very big but it was big enough to hold the two of us. We both transformed back to our human forms. We didn’t do anything for a few minutes but just stand there and catch our breaths and think about what had just happened.

“Holy shit, Sirius.” I said. “We were just the first people to ever escape Azkaban Prison!” I exclaimed excitedly.

He looked at me with his adorable grin plastered onto his face. The next thing that I did surprised even me. I kissed him. But before he even had a chance to kiss back (if he even was going to) I pulled away realizing what I had done.

A few seconds later I asked, “Sirius? Did you leave the cell door open?”

He seemed to think about it before giving me an innocent look. “Whatever. Too late now.” I said with a carefree tone.

For a minute or two after that there was a silence.

“We should go.” I suggested. He nodded in agreement holding out his arm. I hooked my arm in his and soon felt that familiar feeling. It felt as if I was being shoved through a dime sized tube. It made me want to vomit every time I did it. But in my own way, I missed it. I missed the feeling of being free. Because really, I haven’t actually been free since I was twelve. Soon the feeling was over and Sirius and I were standing in the middle of the shrieking shack.

I walked over to one of the dusty chairs. “Wow, the time that this place hasn’t been used for really does show.” I said wiping the dust of a nearby table. And yes, that’s right, I know about Remus Lupin’s ‘Fury little problem’ I wouldn’t if it wasn’t for me being bit.

“Not since my school days.” said Sirius.

“Oh come on! I’m only four years younger than you. Your school days are pretty much the same as mine!” I exclaimed.

Sirius then laughed his bark like laugh. I really do love that laugh. I walked back over to that chair and plopped down in it. The chair collapsed. “Oh come on!” I quietly yelled. “I’ve been in prison for thirteen years! I’m not fat!”

Sirius just stood there laughing his ass off.

“Bastard.” I muttered. He stopped laughing.

“What was that?” he asked.

“I called you a bloody bastard!” He just began laughing again. And then I started laughing. For really no reason. “Your… laughter… is contagious!” I said between laughs.

Our laughter died down and soon faded to a complete silence.

“What’s the date?” asked Sirius.

“I don’t know. How would I know?” I asked him. He just shrugged his shoulders. “But I do know a way to find out.”