Legend 42: Weakness

"Every weak person...

...can change into a strongest monster"

~Mino-dono~

The cool wind blows as I'm lying here under a big tree while watching the sun so high above. For some reason, the sight of that blazing fireball is not hurting my eyes. As I tried to reach for the clouds with my hand, I wonder...

"Why does the sky is so blue? It's almost surreal." 

Then with the gentle sway of the wind, I hear a familiar voice calling to me.

"Mizuki-sama!" 

Turning to the direction of that voice, there I see Nyx waving her two little hands up in the air. I smiled seeing how she is happily calling me while her brothers, Hecate and Eres, are just standing cool beside her. To see them together once again is somehow nostalgic and without any second thought, I jumped up to go to them. But before I could even take a step...

"Suki?" I felt a sudden painful throb in my heart. Rina.

Hearing her voice made me forget everything else in a snap. Then the sudden flashbacks of her last moments in my arms keeps coming.

"Heartless!!!"

In one glance, everything turns dark. The bright daylight is gone. The sky has to turned to be a gloomy night with no trace of the moon or stars above. Like being isolated in a dark room. Confused and worried, hinanap ng mga mata ko ang natatanging ilaw na makita ko. 

"Hime!!" 

Now Ken and Louie is with me. Both holding on to my shoulders. Sobrang higpit ng kanilang kapit na parang may kinakatakutan. I can see a bit of fear and worry in their eyes. I don't know how I'm able see them in spite of this darkness not until a spotlight appear in front of us. It took a while before I could tell who it is. 

No. 

It's more like I'm trying to deny to acknowledge who I'm seeing again. That stance. That very face. As soon as it calls out to me, tears gush down rapidly like waterfalls rolling down my cheeks.

"Hime..."

James.

"...I'm sorry."

AAAAHHHHH!!!

Full of pain I cried out loud. Why am I seeing him? Even in this dream, its impossible for me to save him.

Her.

Them.

"Because you're weak."

"If you want Her to acknowledge you, then stop caring. Show no fear. Just like your mother."

My realizations came back as I continue to hate myself more. It's my fault that everything has become like this. All these gang wars begun because of me.

The kid I was years ago was so naive to not see the real enemy that has been with me all this time.

"Patay na si Di Climente, Mizuki! Bakit ka pa babalik?" 

Even my Master was so against with my decision pero buo na ang loob ko. Patay na nga ang pinakanasusuklaman kong tao sa mundo pero...

"It was not me who killed him Master" I reasoned as I stared at him with dead eyes

Akala ko nga din magiging okay na ako after kong malaman  at maikumpirma na wala na nga siya. Na may ibang nag assassinate sa kanya after slipping my chance. But ever since that night we've met, his tears been haunting me. I hated how I saw him in his most vulnerable state. But what I hated the most is the me being affected and getting vulnerable equally by him.