Legend 29: Escape

A/N: Beware of errors

Sorry for making ya all wait. Hope you enjoy this new chapter.

*****

Luna's POV

The sky is so blue. Ang ganda ng mga ulap na unti-unting nagbabago ng hugis at anyo. Birds flying everywhere, enjoying the sky for themselves.

"Mabuti pa ang mga ibon, having fun while they are free."

As I'm lying on the floor looking at the sky, I raised my right hand as if I can reach the birds above. It's been awhile since I've done this. Nang makatakas ako sa mga tingin ni Ash kanina I was relieved.

Mabuti na lang at nakakita ako ng alternate way para makapunta uli dito sa aming dating tambayan. Sa rooftop ng abandoned building. Dito nare-relax ako at kahit papano ay nakakapag-isip ako ng mabuti. Mariin akong napapikit.

That guy knows how to pressure me and I hate it. Thinking about it, his eyes reminds me of that old man, that night I met him.

I was inside his room and was ready to take his life as I pointed one of my dagger to his chest while he only stood still facing me. Silence reigned at that moment while we glare at each other. Until a strong wind from his window blew off my hood and uncover my face.

Until now, I can still remember the goosebumps I felt when I saw how his face shifted to confusion. And how he looked at me like he was about to shed a tear.

"Eve"

It was almost a whisper, and still I heard it clearly. He started to step towards me so I stepped back with my dagger still pointing at him. Then he shake his head while trying to remember something.

"I-I... can't believe this. Y-you're alive."

His actions confused me. He said it like he was glad to see me.

"Yes. I am alive. And you killed my family!"

I wanted to praise myself for remaining composed as I said it to him. But then I realized, tears were flowing down my cheeks.

"No... I-"

"Stop!"

I wanted to cursed myself for trembling. I didn't want to hear anything from him. I've already decided. I tightened my grip to my daggers.

I shall now end this.

"Inoue..."

Again, I froze. My mother?