The Legend

I am looking at the stars.

Oh, how it brings back memories...

...my past.

"Waahhh!!!"

Crying my 5 year-old-heart out, Mom hugged me.

"Shhh.."

She was gently caressing my head to comfort me. It was just a few moments ago since Father left. She pulled her self away to look at me and she lift my chin up.

"Hon look at mommy."

Upon hearing her voice I obediently looked at her despite of my eyes full of tears. She sweetly smiled at me and turned her head up. I wondered what she was looking at so I turned my head up as well. Then the wondrous of the night sky amazed me that for some reason I stopped crying.

"They really shines very bright tonight..."

All the stars twinkling in the night sky above us and it made me smile unconsciously. She turned to me and I can see in her eyes all the love and sincerity.

"You see that? As long as there are stars shining brightly at night you should never be lonely neither be sad."

I felt her hands in my cheeks wiping my tears for me.

"Because just like those stars, even in your darkness I will always be with you, watching over you. So you should never fear and be sad."

It was the darkest hour of the night but it felt like we were in the most brightest place. We were too far from the city so there were no lights to be seen everywhere.

Again I nod and widen the smile on my face. She hugged me again and I hugged back even tighter.

"Love you Mom!"

It was 8 years after, and since then I was always hopefull. I believed every words of mom that was so assuring. Since that night also, I never seen my father again. My mom never mention about him as well but it never made me lonely.

Until one night, I was waiting for Mom to come back home and it was already late. It passed the time she promised she'll be home that night but I continued waiting for her. I would go outside just to check her from time to time still there was no sign of her.

I would look up to calm myself, but all I can see were the dark clouds covering the sky. It was about to rain.

"As long as the stars are shining brightly in the dark you should never be lonely neither be sad."

That memory...

"Cause just like those stars, even in your darkness I will always be watching over you. So you should never fear."