Chapter 16- A Day Off + Intresting Meeting

Saiko yawned sleepily, happy that they have the day-off because of the Chuunin Exam that were the next day.

She threw the blanket off, standing up quickly- too quickly- and after moment of black- in- the- edge, her vision went back to normal.

She walked out of the room, bumping into her psychologist.

"Hi Grey!" She said cheerfully, and kept walking. "Am I allowed to participate in the Chuunin Exam? No, okay, see y-"

"Yes, actually."

Saiko twirled around, "what."

"I think that participating in it will help you."

"How? With dying?"

Grey's eyes went hard. "Saiko, take part in it."

"But-"

"Enjoy today!" Grey called, walking away.

***

"Grumble, grumble, grumble," Saiko grumbled to herself in the most ridiculous way.

"Yo," the two guards greeted, "where you going?"

"For a walk," Saiko said, faking a certain sadness but not the absolute need for a break.

"You're Saiko?" They asked, freaking Saiko a bit with their absolute harmony.

"Yeah, why?"

"Have a nice walk," they smiled, talking yet again together.

Saiko caught the slight pitying look their eyes held, but nonetheless walked out of the village, and as though a magic was casted upon the air outside, the air she breathed into her lungs was almost cleaner.

Deep breathes.

Saiko found a nice spot of grass to rest in, and she stared into the sky, slight peacefulness filling her.

The clouds traveled through the sky slowly, calmly, and Saiko couldn't help but be envious.

"Saiko?" A soft voice said, and Saiko shoot up.

"Ai- nee- chan," She said before she could even stop herself.

"You're... alive?"

"Pretty sure," Saiko replied, giving her voice intentionally a bit of a bored edge, "haven't seen you in a while."

"Same to you."

Saiko looked at her sister up and down.

She was always the best, her and Toya always looking up to the perfect Ai.

Well, Toya died, and Saiko sometimes felt dead as well, so adoring her didn't give them too much.

Ai sat down in front of her little sister, putting her long, silky red hair up in a messy bun.

"You look tired," Ai commented, as she observed that under her sister's eyes there are bags, as well as a lot of black, making it seem almost like make-up.

"You too," Saiko replied, though the bags under Ai's brown eyes were not as nearly as bad as Saiko.

Ai looked to the village, fiddling with her forehead protector, that surprisingly  enough rested on her forehead, unlike most girls, and was actually blue.

"Mother and Father see you as good as dead," Ai informed, "they mourned and everything, and now say I'm their only kid whose alive." Ai paused for a moment, "I forgot that you didn't really die."

"Sometimes I forget too."

"Sai," Ai hesitated for a moment, "why did you try killing yourself? And why admit yourself to a mental hospital?"

"I was always fucked up, you know." Saiko said, "like, how I could never really sleep well. And I guess that... You know, things were really bad for a while. And I couldn't take it anymore, so I kind of... Went on an impulse."

"Sai," Ai sighed, "but why going to the hospital?"

"I thought that I might get a chance." Saiko shrugged, "you know, get better."

"Why are you out of the village?" Ai asked, looking her sister up and down.

She was skinny. Unhealthily skinny.

"I'm goin' to the Chuunin Exams tomorrow, so we got a day off."

"Oh! That's great! Becoming a ninj-"

"Ai." Saiko said coldly, "you weren't my sister for six years. Don't try and make up. Let's just say goodbye nicely."

"Sai..."

"I hope you'll be happy." Saiko said truthfully, walking further away from the village.

***

Saiko walked around for a while, not quite knowing where she is, but after a while she sat down next to a river, took of her shoes and let her legs touch the water lightly.

The evening almost fell upon the country when a hooded man sat quite a few feets away from her.

"Kid," the man said after a while. "Ain't it too late for you to be going around?"

"I suppose."

"You a ninja?" He asked.

Saiko couldn't make out anything about him, but strangely enough, she didn't feel threatened.

"Sorta."

"From?"

"Hidden Leaf." Saiko replied.

"What do you mean by sorta?"

"My official status is mental- case, but I'm also a Genin."

"Explain."

"Depression, bi- polar disorder, anxiety and let us not forget the fact my doctors count me as anorexic, I also had a while of being Schizophrenic, but this is getting better, so it was probably something else or... I dunno, I'm just a bit paranoid at times, but nothing serious from that side for a while-" Saiko blushed, "oh, shit, I talked too much."

"Okay," the man said, and two settled into silence.

"I suppose I should go." Saiko bit her lips, "tomorrow Chuunin Exam and everything."

"Yeah, if so; you should."

"Goodbye." Saiko said, and he nodded.

As soon as he was sure that no one was there, he took his hood off, and his blue skin was now clear to view, "now, where is this bastard?"

"You mean me?" A voice said, and a man appeared from the ground.

"Actually Zetsu, yes." Kisame said, annoyed. "Where's my partner, anyway?"

"Itachi will soon join you."

"Good," Kisame replied, annoyed. "I miss my sword."

"Just two more days," Zetsu said, upon disappearing.

***

"Bloody hell." Saiko said, watching her Sensei getting drunk. "That's what he's doing when he doesn't have to worry about us, eh?"

"BELIEVE IT!" Naruto yelled at her, and she and Sakura shhh'ed him. "Sorry. I say we prank him!"

"Yes." Saiko replied without giving it a second thought.

"Um, I suppose." Sakura said uncertainly.

The three looked at Sasuke, "what?" he snapped.

"Pwease," Saiko begged.

"Hn, fine."

"YES!" Naruto screamed.

"SHHHH!" Sakura, Sasuke and Saiko shhh'ed him loudly, but their jounin sensei suspected nothing.