Chapter 13- Fire (Part II)

Her small feet padded through the house, until she found her way to the kitchen where the candles were sitting.

She looked around, finding a match and lighting up a candle.

She watched it closely, until it was no longer red and yellow and orange, and not even blue and green, but a blur of lights.

She got no sleep in the past few days, even less than her usual two hours and her eyes started to shut.

"RUN!" she heard, and her eyes snapped open.

Fire.

It was creeping towards her.

The fire touched her, burning hot. Too hot for Saiko to even realize, and for a second she adored it until the pain shoot through her.

This time, the scream of her father filled her ears, not slightly distanced. "RUN!"

And she did.

She ran, when- and how- did the fire spread like this?

"Onii- chan!" She called, surprised to see her brother standing in front of her.

"Saiko!" He replied, surprised. "The fire is blocking the way out of here. We need to find another way."

"SECOND FLOOR IS ALMOST COMPLETELY CLEAR!" Their sister's voice, and they immediately sprinted to the stairs.

That were blocked.

"Shit," Toya said, looking at  his little sister. "THE STAIRS IN THE FIRST FLOOR ARE BLOCKED!"

"THE DOOR OUT IS THERE, IDIOT!" Ai called.

"YEAH, AND FIRE! IT'S HARD TO EVEN BREATH HERE!" Toya said, making Saiko notice that her breathing was uneven and heavy.

"TOYA, ARE YOU ALONE?" Their father voice called again.

"No," He coughed, "NO! SAI IS WITH ME!"

The stairs started falling apart, almost hitting them.

"Toya nii- chan," Saiko tried.

"Damn it," Toya snapped, "shit, shit, shit, shit!"

"THE THIRD FLOOR IS COMPLETELY BLOCKED!" Their mother called, "HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!"

"Okay, so far!" Their father's voice rung through the house, clear. "First floor- Saiko and Toya, the stairs are blocked and fire is closing. Second floor Ai and me. Pretty safe. Third floor-"

"AS WELL AS FOURTH ARE BURNING!" The mother's voice screamed, panic clear. "I'M JUMPING THROUGH A WINDOW!"

They heard a glass shattering, and Toya looked at Saiko.

I can't let her down.

"TOYA!" Saiko suddenly snapped.

"WHAT?" He snapped, annoyed.

She swung her hands, stairs of stones lifting her up.

"Oh," Toya said simply. "Oh, oops."

Saiko giggled at her brother, and landed next to where the stairs once stood.

She looked down, and suddenly her brother's scream filled everything, and the world was frozen for a moment.

"TOYA!" She called, her brother's arm is burning.

"What happened?!" Ai's voice came closer, as Saiko brought her brother up to the second floor.

His stripped pajamas were burned and torn apart, burn covering his chest.

His hand gripped hers for a short moment, as though assuring her. "Forgive you."