Chapter 3- Where Did She Go?

I know her, Kakashi thought, staring as the Doctor took the red haired in his arms, calling a nurse.

I know this girl.

This girl, he could make out from his childhood, used to have a long hair.

Her skin used to be clean of scars.

This girl is familiar to the Jounin.

This girl is Saiko, the one that's been there when he was left alone.

*****

"Grey-"

Grey slammed his hand on the table. "No! Fuck this, you said she'd be fine!" He glanced at the half- open door. "Does it look like she's fucking okay?!"

"Grey, please relax," the Hokage said calmly, looking over at Kakashi, that was prepared to stop the dark haired psychologist.

"I apologize, Lord Hokage." He put his head in his hands, hopeless. "Just that Sai is my first patient, and I couldn"t see it coming."

"Saiko tried commiting suicide more than once. You're not the first that didn't see it coming."

"The thing is- I could." He sighed. "The first time she went to Therapy- May first." Kakashi raised an eyebrow from his spot, opposite from the two. "Day she came after the first known attemp- One a.m. May second."

"So two things that concered her mental health happened at May first?" The Hokage wondered.

"Like you said," Grey said, wiping sweat, "she tried more than once. It was all recorded. And guess what? Everytime-"

"May first," Kakashi said, interferring the conversation for the first time.

The three settled to silence.

"Lord Hokage! Scroll- Hokage- Stolen," panted a newly ranked Chuunin.

"Wha-"

"Please follow me!" The Chuunin cried hurriedly, running away.

"I will return later," He assured.

****

"Saiko?" Kakashi asked, standing by the door.

Grey had to head back to the Mental Ward, and the Hokage was yet to return.

"Sai? You awake?" He asked softly, imaged flashing through his mind.

He was young, younger than his 25 years of living.

He was maybe fourteen,  and was crying silently, sitting on the swing.

"It's nice, right?"

"Hm?" He said, trying to not speak, so no one will hear the tears.

"Crying on the swing," a soft voice said, and he turned to see a red haired girl, around seven. She was good few meters away from him. "It's even better swinging. You feel a bit freedom." She explained.

"It sounds like you understand."  He replied quietly, starting to swing ever so lightly.

"It is actually what I came to do, though I expected to be alone. No one ever comes here around midnight."

"Couldn't quite sleep," He shrugged, as she walked closer. "You?"

"Hell was roaming free in my head." She said, sitting ob the swing next to him, staring up ahead. "I don't sleep very well for as long as I remember myself."

"I'm Kakashi," He offered his hand.

She half- smiled, shaking his hand. "Saiko- call me Sai, though."

"Nice to meet you, Sai." He smiled.

"You too, Scarecrow."

"Scarecrow?" Her voice croaked, just as his eyelids drooped.

"Sa-" He cleared his throat. "Sai."

"Hello Scarecrow. It's been really long."