Chapter 33: Percy

Eight months on the sea does things to a person.

Frank and I barely spoke. We just rowed.

My father's words rung in my ears; you will find her. If he hadn't said that, we probably would've given up.

We had stopped in Delphi and bought a fishing rod. That turned out to be a smart idea, seeing as we ran out off food awhile ago. But after this, I don't think I'd ever be able to eat fish again.

It was nighttime, and it was very quiet. So when a cannon sounded in the distance, we both heard it.

Without saying anything, Frank and I started rowing as fast as we could towards it.

I didn't have much energy, and my arms felt like they were going to fall off when we reached the battle. But it was worth it.

I almost cheered when I recognized the owl-on-crossbones insignia of Annabeth's ships. Then I saw the insignia on the other twenty ships.

The colors and symbol of my own house started back at me.

No.

King Gabe must've thought Annabeth had kidnapped me again, and decided to rescue me. How had I not thought that was going to happen?

Now, Annabeth was under attack, and I knew not even she could defeat the full power of House Jackson and House Zhang's navies. 

"What are we going to do?" Frank whispered, obviously coming to the same conclusion as me.

I didn't know. I wasn't Annabeth. I couldn't just whip up plans off the top of my head.

But there was one thing I could do. As far as Gabe was concerned, I was his son. Maybe if I told him the truth, or just talked to him, he'd retreat.

"The only thing we can do," I replied. "It's time to pay King Gabe a visit."