Twenty Three

"It's half past four in the morning. Why the fuck am I here?" I rub my eyes. I slump in the pew and rub my face.

"Language Bella" he scolds. "I wanted to ask you your size. I want to get you a dress"

I frown at him "You have my size. You buy me dresses all the time"

He dismisses my comment with a wave of his hand. "I want this one to be perfect. Come here"

I do as told and stand infront of him. He pulls a tape measure from his back pocket and starts to measure me. Once he is done, his hands linger next to the chain. "Two days until the wedding" he says softly.

He takes the chain from my neck and slides the ring onto the palm of his hand. He picks up my left hand and tried to put the ring on my ring finger. I pull away and he growls. "It's just for show"

"You said date. Not fiancée" I hiss. I step away. Why do my proposals always go to shit?

He glowers at me "Not fiancée, I need you to be my wife"

I shake my head and stumble back "Go fuck yourself" I spit.

"Language Bella!" He roars. He reaches out and grabs my left wrist, pulling me towards him. I hit his chest and struggle against him. He pushes the ring onto my finger and I kick him on the shin. Instead of letting me go like I expected him too, he twists my arms. I yelp and try to push away.

My hands catch onto his pockets and I feel something cold on my fingertips. He shoves me away and sighs "Take it off and I'll kill you. Got it?"

I clench my fist and glare at him. I don't respond before storming out of the church.

****

I smile as I see Chris and Georgie approach. I walk to join them with a grin on my face. Georgie notices the ring immediately and grabs my hand. "What the fuck?" She yells.

I laugh "I need you guys to come with me"

Chris groans "Is it going to get us into trouble?"

I nod "Of course it is"

He shakes his head and smirks "What?"

"I know someone who has a beautiful car. He is also a prick so I stole his keys. Anyone want to join me for a joyride?" I grin.

Georgie looks over at Chris "Is this sort of thing normal?"

He shrugs "Who cares. Where's this car" I click the keys and the lights to a bugatti veyron flash. "You've got to be shitting me" He breathes out.

I shake my head and run towards the car. "Can you drive?" Georgie asks as I start pushing buttons.

"Nope!" I shout. It's mostly the truth. I can't drive properly but I can get it going.

I swerve out of the car park and speed down the road. I take the cutoff towards a country road and stop at the end of a long straight road. "How fast can this thing go?" He asks.

"Let's find out" I slam my foot down on the pedal and the car starts to gain speed going down the road. We crash through a gate and I scream as we spin across the grass. I desperately trying to stop us moving but we keep spinning.

When we finally do stop I have to resist the urge to throw up. I peek through the windshield and see that the car bonnet is covered in scratches and I start to laugh.