Chapter 48 - More Truth

Start from the beginning

It was at this point that Harry realised there was a flaw in the plan; Sirius might still be playing, but from the look on Remus' face he was not. The fact that it appeared to be a game to Sirius had had a pronounced effect on the werewolf. Remus looked lost. The fact that he should have known what Sirius was like and that this was just how he went about things did not seem to have made any difference to Remus. Harry knew without a doubt that bad things were about to occurs.

"Thanks for the drink," Remus said suddenly before Sirius and Draco could get into the dare game that was brewing, "but I have some things I need to do, so I have to be going."

Remus stood up and took a step towards the door without looking up, which was why he missed the rather devastated expression that crossed Sirius' face. That was the straw that broke the donkey's back as far as Harry was concerned and, before Remus could move another step, he stood up, threw his hands out in either direction and did something hideously complicated with the magic in the room that he was sure he wouldn't have been able to repeat if he was sober. Wards similar to those he used when practicing wandless defence leapt into life around the group of four.

"Oh no you don't," he said pointedly as Remus gave him a rather startled look, "you're a Gryffindor, you do not run away."

"Harry?" Draco said and gave him a questioning look.

[We tried it the Slytherin way,] he replied apologetically, [but we should have known it would never work on Gryffindors; far too subtle.]

[And you're sure you want to do this?] Draco asked.

[Time for the sledge hammer,] Harry said firmly with a slight nod.

Draco just smiled at him in reply.

"What do you think you're doing, Harry?" Sirius asked with a frown. "Remus is allowed to leave if he wants to."

The alcohol in Harry's blood stream was definitely living up to its reputation as he threw any caution he had left to the wind.

"No he can't," he said stubbornly, "and don't expect me to undo what I just did any time soon. Do not try and tell me that what you two just did was all part of a game and you don't actually feel something for each other."

There were several things that could have happened next, one of the more likely being Sirius flying off the tip of the wand and shouting very loudly. However, what did occur was complete silence as Remus and Sirius stared at each other like men hit with the stupefy hex.

"But," was as far as Remus managed to say anything before Harry cut him off.

"I can see it," he said pointedly.

Now both men looked at him as if he'd just transfigured himself into a toad.

"Oh in Merlin's name," Draco said as he reached the same point Harry had found moments before. "Remus, how long have you been in love with Sirius?"

For a moment Harry didn't think the werewolf would answer.

"Since we were sixteen," Remus finally said in little more than a whisper.

Before the gasp from Sirius could turn into anything more, Draco continued; "Sirius, how long have you been in love with Remus?"

Again there were a few seconds of silence before the man in question spoke.

"I don't know," Sirius admitted slowly, "but I realised it when the Dementors couldn't take his memory away from me."

"Thank you," Draco said dramatically, "about bloody time by the sounds of it. Now I think you two need to have a long overdue conversation, or a good hard shag; whichever takes your fancy first, and Harry and I need to make ourselves scarce. If you wouldn't mind, Love, we can dispense with the wards now."

Snag number two, Harry had the decency to look sheepish.

"Umm," he said hesitantly.

"Gryffindors," Draco said, throwing his arms into the air, "I'm surrounded by bloody Gryffindors."

The Slytherin's exasperation was very real and Harry swallowed hard, since he was sure he was about to receive the sharp end of his lover's tongue. Draco had just opened his mouth to express his displeasure when he was interrupted by the sound of laughter. Remus was still looking shell shocked; Draco was about to go off the deep end, and Harry was biting his lip nervously, but Sirius - Sirius was, to put to bluntly, laughing his arse off. Harry was not sure who was crazier, him for interfering in his godfather's love life, or Sirius for, well, being Sirius.

"You get us to confess all," the man said between fits of laughter, "and now you can't leave."

For some reason Sirius was finding this hysterically funny even as everyone else just looked at him. Harry wondered briefly if it was Azkaban or death that has so warped his godfather's sense of humour, or whether he'd just always been like that.

"It would serve you both right if I pounced on him now with you both stuck here," Sirius did not seem to be about to cease his enjoyment of the situation.

Harry didn't know whether to be mortified of start laughing as well; it was rather absurd. He was still in trouble with Draco, so he went for the safe bet of doing nothing, but he soon felt amusement coming from his soulmate.

"You are a warped and twisted individual," Draco told Sirius lightly, "but by all means, please do. I'm sure Harry and I can give the pair of you a run for your money."

Harry groaned and looked at Remus for support. At least they seemed to be in agreement if Remus' expression was anything to go by. Sirius had stopped laughing and was looking at Draco with a glint in his eye. From the feelings coming from Draco, Harry knew that Draco had found the proverbial line and was quite willing to step over it. In pure desperation he skimmed his slightly alcohol hazed memory to figure out how he had put the wards up.

"Finite Incantatum," he said under his breath and threw some magic at the wards; to his great relief they came down.

Draco turned his head from where he and Sirius were nose to nose and smiled at Harry.

"See," Darco said, "all he needs is the right motivation."

It took a couple of seconds for that to sink in and then Harry's reaction was instantaneous.

"Bastard!" he said pointedly, at which point Sirius began laughing again.

"Come on, Harry," Draco said brightly and took him by the hand, "let's go back to our room and let Sirius and Remus have some privacy."

Harry did not try and argue, he knew when he was beaten. He allowed himself to be led towards the door.

"Have fun, Boys," Draco threw back over his shoulder as they walked into the corridor.

From the hungry look Draco sent Harry, Harry was in no doubt that they were not returning to their room to go to sleep.