You and Me Against the World?

"Hey Short Stack!! Hehehe get it? Cause you're short? I'm running a little late, I had to take extra classes for chemistry.. Even though I know nothing about chemistry, I don't need a class to know that you and I have chemistry! Hehehehe anyways see you soon!!"

Ally sniffled. Its been five years since you left. She should stop listening to this damn recording and move on. Who is she kidding? She won't. She can't.

The thing is, you never left a note. You left one for everyone, Lauren, Camila, Normani, even Dinah. But she never got one. She was your girlfriend for fucks sake and she never got one. Oh wait... She hasn't been your girlfriend ever since the incident. Even after 5 years she still thinks of you day and night. She should have treated you better. She shouldn't have cheated.

A tear rolled down her face as she returns to the day she met you.

You entered the diner, wearing a leather jacket with a flannel tied around your waist. She remembered thinking 'woah' when she first glanced at you. She remembered being scared to talk to you, judging by your badass outfit and hairdo. Your Y/H/C hair falling messily, framing your face. You walked over to her that day. But you never said anything. She wanted to say something, start a conversation. But she was too scared. If she had talked to you, maybe she would have got with you earlier. Maybe she would have had more time.

The next time she saw you, she made sure to talk with you. You were sitting alone at lunch, drawing in your sketchbook. You were sketching a raven, symbolizing grief. You weren't expecting to see her after Waffle House. She came to your table and sat down, wringing her wrist as she did so. She seemed... nervous. Why? You wondered why she was so nervous. Did you look scary? You weren't glaring and you were just sketching in your book. You closed your book and looked her dead in the eye. You didn't want to scare her, she looked okay.

"Uhh.. hi?" You were usually very confident but something about this girl made your confidence waver. Nevertheless, you had to keep your reputation.

"May I help you?" You asked. You were curious what she was thinking, she was deep in thought, staring at you. You waved a hand in front of her face. "Hello? Earth to girl who just sat down?" You didn't know her name. You knew she was new but you never bothered introducing yourself.

She finally snapped out of thought and started stuttering. You smiled unknowingly, amused that the girl was still nervous. You lightly chuckled, not knowing that it was music to her ears. That seemed to calm her a little. She introduced herself as Ally Brooke Hernandez. Ally. That name fit her. You talked to her, discovering what she was like, her personality. You clicked with her easily, she had the same tragic past as you, knowing your pain.

You and Ally started hanging out after that, she found out that you weren't the 'badass artist' after all. She looked through your shell, and saw the real you. The goofy teenager who resembled a puppy.

You and Ally started dating two months later. You were extremely happy when she told you how she felt, knowing you felt the same. There was an incident during lunch one day, you had gotten into a fight with one of the jocks. You were bullied a lot when you were younger, and you wanted to look out for the other kids who couldn't defend themselves. Obviously, being the tiny idiot you are, you punched the jock in the face and started a fight. Lets just say things did not go as well as planned. He ended up with a black eye and a split lip while you ended up with a cut on your jaw and a sprained wrist. He was more beaten up than you were, which made you a little proud.

When Ally saw you, she ran to you, checking every body part. She was talking so fast you couldn't understand her. You chuckled, smiling that she cared so much. You felt... loved. You haven't felt like that in a long time.