Thanksgiving Date

Y/N'S POV
"So make sure you put the turkey in for about 30 mins, okay?" my newlywed wife Ally said again, as she pack her purse.

"Okay baby I got this" I laugh, "you sure? cause last year you put the turkey in the oven but forgot to turn the oven on, so we had a defrosted turkey for dinner" Ally said, I playfully rolled my eyes. "That was one time"

"I will be home soon, I gotta pick up something at the store" Ally said as she grabbed her keys. I nod, "30 mins! remember that!" Ally said as she began walking out the door, "Don't worry I got this, I love you" I said giving her a peck on the lips. "I love you too" she said and walked out the door.

I walked over to the kitchen and open the plastic wrapping of the defrosted turkey, "you are one fat turkey" I said lifting the turkey on to the aluminum tray and put it in the oven.

"Okay 30 minutes, and... oh fuck"

Ally didn't tell me how many degrees, I took out my phone and called Ally. I suddenly heard a phone going off.

Please don't let it be her phone.

I prayed and I walked over to the table and saw her phone ringing with the contact,
"Wifey 😍❤️️" with my picture on it.

Fuck.

I walked back to the oven, "Hmm let's see..." I thought about it for couple of minutes. "let's try 400 degrees" (a/n: thats completely wrong, it's suppose to be 350)

Okay so 400 degrees for... fuck, how long did she say again? Did she said 1 hour? She probably did.

I punch in 1 hour and 400 and set the timer.

I walked over to the small dining table and set it up for a dinner for two.

I sighed and flop down on the couch and turn on the TV and Write On Me music video was on. I love this song, Ally voice is so soothing. She would always sing to me this song whenever I couldn't sleep.

"You were my friend... straight and no chaser"

Max, our small dog jumped up on me and laid down next to me, I felt my eyelid became heavy.

"Burns going down, but it keeps me alive"

I felt myself slowly falling to sleep to the sound of her voice.

*Later*

I woke up to the sound of the timer going off and Max barking. "Shush boy" I command him. I got up and walked over to the kitchen and open the oven as smoke puffed in my face causing me to cough.

Oh fuck, I burnt it.

"Fuck" I cussed. I pick up the turkey by it legs and put it in the sink and began scrubbing the burn off.

Bad idea.

I put it back on the tray and looked at it for a moment, thinking of what to do.

I heard the car door slam from outside.

Fuck.

I paced around with the turkey, in my hand trying to find a spot to hide it.

"Babe I'm home!" I heard the front door open and Max barking with Ally's happy greetings to him. I quickly put the turkey back on the tray and cover it with the towel. And act natural.

"Babe I brou-" Ally came in and jump when she saw me.

"Uh

"Uh.. what are you doing?" Ally said awkwardly, "Oh..Uh... nothing" I nervously smile and quickly got up to give her a peck on the lips.

Ally gave me a weird look, "Um, okay...? So, where's the turkey?" she asked, she looked over at the covered turkey sitting on the counter.

"Why is the turkey under a towel?" she said as she was about to lift the towel.

"NO!" I shouted as I moved her hand away, she looked at me "I mean... It's under a towel because I want to keep it warm" I said as I lean over trying to cover up the part turkey that was peeking through the towel.

 It's under a towel because I want to keep it warm" I said as I lean over trying to cover up the part turkey that was peeking through the towel

"Okay well let's put it on the table" she said as she lift up the turkey, and walked over to the table. We both sat down, I felt my heart race up as Ally reached for the towel. I closed my eyes and wait for it to happen, I suddenly heard loud gasped.

 I closed my eyes and wait for it to happen, I suddenly heard loud gasped

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?" I heard Ally shouted.

"the turkey..." I nervously said.

"Y/N! What did you do?!" Ally said, "I... uh kinda forgot how long you said to put in in for and you didn't tell me how many degrees so I just guessed 400 degrees for 1 hour andthenItotallyforgotandfellasleeptoyourbeautifulvoiceintheWriteOnMemusicvideoandthenIwokeupandtheturkeywasburnt" I said really fast, I sighed and frowned "I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin our Thanksgiving date" I said looked down.

Ally laughed, "baby it's okay, you didn't ruin our Thanksgiving date" Ally said putting her hand on my cheek. "I didn't?" I asked, "No, to be honest this is pretty funny" she laugh, I looked at the turkey, "I guess" I smiled and laugh a little.

"So what are we gonna eat now?" I asked, she laughs, "how about I called Dinah and ask if we can borrow her extra turkey she has from her family?" Ally said, I laugh and nods.

"I'm so thankful to have a beautiful wife like you" I said giving her a passionate deep kiss.

We then pull away but our forehead was attach to each other and the tip of our nose brush against each other. "Me too baby" she said.

"I love you" I smiled.

"I love you too" she said giving me another kiss before pulling out her phone and called Dinah.