A Goodbye Gift (Part 1)

~July 23, 2017~

I was the first one awake that Sunday, which is saying a lot, since I value my sleep greatly. Max came early in the morning too, about seven am. Alice wasn't even dressed yet.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I need to drive Kyle somewhere." Max said.

"Where?" Alice asked.

"Somewhere." I told Alice.

"We'll be back soon!" Max called as I dragged him out of the house.

"Bye?" Alice said. We drove to the pet shelter, just like we did during the week.

"So what are we exactly doing?" Max asked.

"I'm telling Ann I'm not coming anymore due to going to Florida and I'm adopting a pet for Melody." I told Max.

"As a responsible adult I should be asking why, but then again I'm not a responsible adult. Besides I know you better than to think that you would actually listen to something I say." Max said.

"You know me so well." I said from the front seat.

"Don't I." Max said as he pulled up I front of the shelter.

"Besides I have to say goodbye to Thomas." I added to myself. Thomas had started volunteering extra hours since Ann had told him that she would pay him a few bucks an hour. She knew he needed the money, since he was practically on his own at age twelve. He didn't want a lot of money. He just needed enough money for each day, to eat and drink, that's what he said. I knew he was saving money each time though, probably to get out of that house as soon as he could.

"Hey Ann." I said to Ann as I walked in. She smiled at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me. "It's only Sunday."

"I can't be coming back anymore." I told her. Her smile faded a bit.

"Why? What happened?" She asked me.

"Nothing. I'm just staying with my mom in Florida for a few months, I'll be back here when I come back." I told her.

"Alright, I'll make sure to have you marked down." Ann told me.

"Where's Thomas?" I asked her.

"In the back room with Daisy." Ann said. I raised my eyebrow when she mentioned that Thomas and Daisy were getting along. "I think that Daisy has a little crush and Thomas has no clue. He's not the only one."

"I'll go see him." I said, leaving Ann who was laughing to herself. Thomas and Daisy were in the back goofing around.

"Kyle." Thomas said surprised. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well I need to adopt Lemon and I need to say goodbye." I told him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapter. But I really need those tissues back because I can't handle Kyle leaving Melody.

Guys I'm not kidding.

Word Count: 474