Seeing Melody (Part 5)

It took us 30 extra minutes to get home, since we had stopped at Olive Garden. Mr. Reed pulled up in front of my drive way. I opened the door and hoped out. Macy came running out the door.

"Kyle!" She yelled. She hugged me. She was wearing her new shoes that she loved so much. Mr. and Mrs. Reed got out of the car. As soon as they got out, all of the nine kids came out too. Melody ran over to me and Macy gripped my hand. She looked scared seeing so many kids. Melody knelt down to Macy's height.

"She's so cute." Melody said.

"Minho says I'm not cute, I'm adorable." Macy said. Melody looked up at me.

"Minho is her brother, right?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"This is Melody." I told Macy. "Say hi." I added. Macy waved her hand.

"Hi Melody." She said quietly. Melody stood up again.

"She's so small." Melody said. "How old is she?" I looked at Macy, realizing Minho had actually never told me.

"Actually, I don't know." I told Melody. Melody knelt down again.

"How old are you?" She asked. Macy took her hand and started counting her fingers, she messed up a few times with her counting, but ended up holding up two fingers. "Two? You're two years old?" She asked. Macy shook her head.

"Come on let's go inside." Alice told us.

"We aren't going to be staying long." Mrs. Reed said.

"I haven't seen you all in a month." Alice said. "Come on, I made cookies with Macy." Alice added.

"Cookies?" Jake, Jack, and Jazzy said at the same time. They pushed everyone aside and ran into the house. Macy was still gripping my hand as we walked inside. Jake, Jake, Jazzy, and Rose were already in the kitchen looking for the cookies.

"Let me get them, they're still in the oven. Macy put sprinkles all over them." Alice told them. Alice pulled the cookies out of the oven. A row of sprinkles were outlining eat cookie.

"You made those?" I asked Macy. Macy shook her head. She still looked really scared.

"I'll be right back." I told Melody. I lead Macy out of the room and into the guest room. I took out my phone and called the number.

"Hello?" I handed the phone to Macy. She looked at me confused, but took the phone anyway.

"Minho!" She cried after a few seconds. She smiled brightly, like never before.

"When your done come back to the kitchen, I'll save you a cookie." I told her. She shook her head and I hurried out of the room. I went back to the kitchen and took a few cookies to save for her.

About ten minutes later she came into the room beaming. She handed me my phone and went and got some other cookies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry for not reaching 1,000 words, but this chapter was needed but I didn't want to over do it, so it would get boring. Just so I could reach the word count goal.

Well... Guess who found a picture of Melody? Imagine her with the same hair, but it's usually in braids or on a pony tale. And she isn't a model. Please remember that with all the characters.

Above is Melody, in case you missed her above

Word Count: 563