Promises (Part 1)

July 22, 2017

I had told Minho, Michael, Mike and Macy that I was leaving for Florida a while ago. I had made them promise not to tell Melody. I wanted to tell her myself, especially that her family her told us that they had decided not to move. They wanted to make the most of what they had now.

I pulled on some nice black dress pants and a nicer looking shirt. It was Saturday and we were going with the Reeds to church again.

"You better tell her." Minho told me.

"I'll tell her soon. Maybe next week, or the week after that." I admitted.

"I'm going to tell her if you don't, and she isn't going to be happy getting the news from me." Minho said.

"I'll tell her when I know it's right." I said.

"Stop being a chicken and just tell her your spending a few months in Florida and leaving her after she and her siblings just convinced her parents not to move after all." Minho said. I glared at him.

"Not helping." I told him.

"It's not like she's going to kill you." Minho told me.

"Oh don't be so sure of that." I told him, causing him to laugh.

"Come on, let's go before you sister kills us both for being late." Minho said as he pulled me out the door.

"Why did you guys take forever?" Alice asked.

"Kyle needed a pep talk." Minho said.

"You still didn't tell her?" Alice asked me.

"I'll tell her, soon. Maybe next week." I said.

"Kyle, you're leaving in a few weeks, you might want to hurry up. You wouldn't want her to keep something like that from you now would you." Alice said.

"No." I admitted.

"Good." Alice said. "By the way Kyle and Macy got mail." Alice added.

"People know me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Who wrote to Macy!" Minho asked. "Or an even better question Kyle!" I elbowed him.

"Oh shush." Alice said as she handed me the letter. The envelope was green and so was Macy's. Minho took the letter and picked up Macy. Minho put Macy on the table and opened up the envelope, I opened mine too. I skimmed through it quickly.

"Macy's going to be a flower girl?!" Minho exclaimed. "To someone I don't even know!"

"This is worst. I'm going to be a best man, to the guy who's marrying my mother." I said in complete shock.

"Well, I already said yes to both of you." Alice said.

"Why in the world would you do that?" I asked.

"Because Max and I also have to be in the wedding." Alice said. "She said she was going to send five letters to Michigan, but these are only four. I'm wondering who has the fifth."

"Kyle! We need to talk about a certain green envelope!" Yelled a voice I knew well.

"Well, you guys have two things to talk about, so I would hustle." Alice said.

"Before she kills you." Minho added.

"She won't kill me." I said.

"Don't be so sure." Minho said, taking my own words and turning them agents me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Do you know how much work I've put in into planning that wedding? A whole ton, I will literally post pictures of all the notes I did for that wedding, because I'm really crazy.

Word Count: 564