A Secret Worth Keeping (Part 2)

We all walked into the front entrance room, where the new girls were waiting with Ann.

"Well here's two out of the four of them." Ann said. "Marigold and Poppy, these are the boys, Minho, Kyle and Thomas." I looked over at Minho, and his jaw was practically dropped when he looked at Marigold. Marigold had straight red hair, and she had stuck a few red flowers in her hair. She looked about Minho's age, 15 or so. She was about two inches shorter than Minho, and I'm pretty sure Minho thought she was the best thing ever.

The other girl was Poppy. She had the same red colored hair as her sister, but hers was curled. Like Melody's, I noticed. Nah, Melody has curls. Poppy has waves. The thing was that Poppy kept staring at me. I shifted around, I didn't like the attention she was giving me.

"Kyle why don't you give them t-shirts?" Ann asked.

"Ummm, yeah sure." I said. "Thomas come with me." I said, already pulling Thomas behind me.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I can't reach the boxes." I told him.

"You're taller than me." Thomas said.

"Just come on." I said, pulling him along, with the two girls following us. I went to the doctor room, where we had a small box of t-shirts. I grabbed it from the top shelve.

"Told you that you could reach it." Thomas said.

"You're too smart for a twelve year old." I told him.

"At least I'm turning 13 in two months." Thomas said happily.

"When?" I asked him.

"September 9th." He said. I reminded myself to mark the day down.

"Here, these should fit you." I told them, as I handed Marigold and Poppy over their new t-shirts. They slipped the t-shirts over the shirts over the shirts they already had on quickly.

"Come on let's go." Thomas said. "We have less than two hours left. I don't want to waste it." We went back to the front room. We walked in and I smiled when I saw that Melody had come early. Melody already had my backpack swung on her.

"Hey." I said as I walked up up to her. "Why you early?" I asked her.

"You're coming home with me at 11:00 today." Melody said. Melody stood closer to me and handed me my backpack. Poppy's eyes flashed.

"Who's she?" Poppy asked in a sweet ton.

"I'm Melody, Kyle's friend." Melody said.

"More like girlfriend." Minho whispered. Melody glared at Minho, and he shut up. Poppy didn't look happy by Minho's comment.

"Who are you?" Melody asked.

"I work here." Poppy said.

"Since when?" Melody asked.

"Since forever." Poppy lied.

"Please, I come here everyday. I've never see you here." Melody said. Poppy don't reply.

"Melody let's go visit Bandit and Lemon." I told Melody, trying to break the ice between Melody and Poppy.

"Sure, let's go." Melody said plainly. Melody didn't move, so I just held her by the wrist and lead her the dog room.

"What was that about?" I asked Melody after we were out of ear shot.

"Nothing." Melody replied.

"Yeah right, that was like one on one time top notch staring." I said.

"It really isn't anything, I just don't really like her." Melody replied.

"You just met her." I said.

"Sometimes girls just know." Melody said.

"Alright, what ever." I replied. I scooped up Bandit in my arms. Melody quickly took him away from me.

"He's the cutest thing ever." Melody said, and she kissed Bandit's nose. "Lemon is cuter though."

"Nah, Bandit is." I insisted.

"Nah, Lemon is." Melody said.

"Alright, I don't want to argue. So you say what you think and I'll do the same." I said.

"They're both adorable." Melody said. She smiled. "And your cute when you get nervous." She told me. I didn't really pay attention to her words until later, but right then, everything seemed perfect again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

This is Marigold

This is Marigold. She's a new character and won't be leaving for a while. She's 15, though I feel she looks older here.

So I'm kinda liking the ship names. So here are the ships I've been send, and more from this chapter. Which ones with sink and which ones will sail?

Kyle and Melody

Minho and Melody

Max and Alice

Minho and Marigold

Kyle and Poppy

Word Count: 733