A Run To Ibaleterm (Part 11)

All five us, including Alice sat down at the table and started to eat.

"Kyle and Minho how do you feel about going to church tomorrow?" Alice asked. Both Max and Melody looked over at us both, Melody looked at me like she was trying to tell me something, but I wasn't getting the message.

"There's a potlatch tomorrow." Melody added.

"What's that?" Minho asked.

"It's like a feast with the whole church, it's after the service and everyone eats." Melody explained.

"It was my favorite thing whenever those happened when I was your age." Max hinted.

"We're not pushing you, I'm just asking if you two want to go tomorrow." Alice asked. But they were pushing us. Melody was looking at me like I was missing something, and Max clearly wanted us to come.

"I don't know." Minho admitted. Melody looked over at me.

"I'll go." I said. "I suppose I have to go to the kid's class too?" I asked.

"You'll love it." Melody said smiling.

"Then I'll go too, but I'll go it once, but if I have to go do something embarrassing, I'm never going back." Minho warned.

"Alright." Alice agreed. "You keep an eye on those two." Alice whispered to Melody.

"Already do." Melody replied. Melody met my eye and she smiled towards me, and Melody has that smile that you can't just help smiling back. Melody, being Melody, she can get me to smile like a fool. I'm not even sure how, but it's just like that.

We finished our food quicker than slower and everyone slowly left the table to doing who knows what.

"Kyle, we need to go to the doctor." Alice said.

"Fine." I grumbled. "Maybe I can get this ugly shoe off."

"I have no idea how that leg has been healing with you running all over the place." Alice said, shaking her head.

"Probably 'cause it's numb." I joked.

"Max, Kyle and I are leaving! You have five kids to watch, don't loose one!" Alice called. Max came from the living room.

"I got this, I'll be fine. Just go to the doctor with Kyle, you've rescheduled that appointment way too many times." Max told Alice.

"I'll be back in an hour or so." Alice said, Alice kissed Max's cheek. Max's face got beat red, like he always does and I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. Alice and I went to the car and I got in the front seat.

We drove for maybe twenty minutes before we pulled up in front of the hospital. We went in and waited for maybe another twenty minutes. Once you enter the waiting room is seems like you may never get out of the place.

"Kyle Forest." A lady said. I took a deep breath and followed her, Alice right behind me.

The whole visit wasn't bad, the doctor said I could take the boot off, I as fine, I just might want to be careful moving around for a while. The main word there being, might. We got home faster than it took us to get there and I was already jumping for joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Oh goodness I'm finishing this book wayyyyy too quickly.

The final title for the third book is I Will Always Write Back.

I looked into the votes, RL suggestions, and looked at my current plot and decided that was the title that I needed.

Words Count: 574