A Secret Worth Keeping (Part 16)

"This is the part of the building where she would be at." The lady told us.

"Thank you." Minho told her. The lady went back from where she came from. Minho walked up to the front of the desk, where another lady was. This lady was supposed to know where the minors in this hospital where. I followed Minho up to the desk.

"Excuse me we're looking for Melody Reed." Minho told the lady. "She was brought to this hospital earlier today, and she hasn't gotten out yet. We're visitors."

"Where is your adult?" She asked Minho, completely ignoring everything that Minho just said.

"I drove myself here, since I'm allowed to." Minho said.

"When you get an adult with you, come back." The lady told us. Minho's nose scrunched up, like it always did when he got mad.

"I got out of my warm house, got in a freezing car and drove here, I had to walk through the rain all the way here because the parking is so far away, I had to go through an empty place, that looks like a ghost town by the way. Then I couldn't find this place ether! I'm doing this because my brother hasn't spoken a word since she was brought here! My brother is suffering here! All he wants to do is see a friend that's more than a friend, but both of them are too stupid to say anything different! Now tell me what room the kid is in! I just need him not to be crying all night, thinking that she could be dead and it could be his fault! He's already cried enough, he fell out of a car, we thought he ran away for a period of time! All I need it to see the girl so I don't feel as a failure as a brother and as a friend. He asked one simple thing of me, and I'm going to get it for him, and I will wake up the whole hospital if I have to!" Minho said, his voice getting louder by each sentence.

"What is going on here?" Another man asked as he walked in the room. I felt like stuffing my head in my arms, this is too much trouble already, I just want to see her.

"She won't tell us when our friend is because we're teenagers." Minho said, ready to snap.

"It's late." The man stated.

"I know, he just wants to make sure she didn't die. He's already cried enough." Minho snapped. The man opened up a computer.

"What's her name?" The man asked.

"Melody Reed." Minho said, his voice not filled with anger anymore.

"Room 302, second door to your left." The man told us. My eyes must have shown my relief, because the man smiled at me.

"Thank you sir." Minho said. Minho took one of the bag of books that I had. We quickly found the room, and I paused at the door, fear taking over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Well, I'm on a laptop again, how's it showing up? Alright? I might not be able to edit that's why.

Above is Luck By American Authors, which is Melody's favorite song. It was said in Mr. Nobody while they were listening to music on the bus.

Those good old days when no one had been in the hospital yet.

Word Count: 556