Alice Leaves

~June 27, 2017 - June 28, 2017~

Max decided to make us all pasta to eat for dinner. That meant us all to sit at the same table. Alice kept glaring at Nicky the whole time. Nicky kept challenging Alice to yell at her. As for me and Max, it was very uncomfortable. I kept shifting around. No one ate much.

"Considering you two have been here so long you might think that you would have a better house." Nicky told Alice.

"It's not like we can get a decent job." Alice glared back at Nicky. Nicky glared right back.

"Maybe it's not your age, but because you all are wimps and don't try anything." Alice jumped up. Max jumped right back up. He held her back, while Nicky had a cold, fake smile on.

Max whispered something in Alice's ear. Alice's eyes filled with tears. She hugged Max tightly.

I looked at Nicky. I expected her to be angry, or jealous or something. But, she looked sad. She looked at me softly.

"I'm sorry." She told me. Then she left the table. I sat there, not knowing what to think about Nicky. Half of me wanted to hate her with all my heart. The other half of me wanted to forgive her and be a friend. I didn't know what to do.

•••

~June 28, 2017~

"I'm really sorry Max." Alice told Max for the millionth time.

"It's ok, it's not like I had planes." Max told her. "It's lonely at my place ether way."

"I'll be home as soon as I can." Alice told me. "I have to take the car all the way to North Carolina. Someone is going to pick her up from there." Alice said talking about Nicky. Alice was driving all the way to North Carolina, and then someone was taking Nicky from there. Ether my mom or my new step father. Max was staying with me here until Alice got back.

"We'll just go to Lake Michigan, right?" Max asked me.

"Yeah." I told Alice.

"If I don't get back in time, he's got to be at Melody's house at 5:00 AM on Friday." Alice told Max. "They're going to pick up Melody and half of her siblings from their camp."

"I can drive him, even if you do get back in time." Max told her. "Go now before you loose daylight." Max kissed Alice's forehead. Nicky was already in the car, in the back seat. I was still wondering how she got here, in Michigan, but I had a feeling I would never find out.

"Bye Kyle." Alice said. She hugged me and ruffled my hair. I flattened it with my hands. "Don't give Max a hard time." She added.

"When I have ever given Max a hard time?" I asked. She have me a stern look.

"I'm not kidding." She told me.

"I know, I know. I'll be good." I told her. "I promise." I added. She took a deep breath.

"Bye!" She added one last time to both of us. She got in the car and started the car up. Max ran to the car and knocked on Alice's window. Alice lowered the window. 

"Drive safely, don't dive fast at night-" Max started on a whole list. Alice kissed his cheek. Max flushed red.

"I know, I'll be ok. Call you tonight." She told him. She drove down the dusty, dirt road. When she was finally out of sight, did Max come in.

His face was still red, while I was biting my lip, so I wouldn't laugh. He walked right by me into the house, while I was already finding ways to tease him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Ahhh, Max is such a dorky guy. I need to find a picture of how he would look, after the whole Reed siblings, I'll put Max in. Promise. If I remember.

That's Kelley, she hasn't been in the book yet, but she will be

That's Kelley, she hasn't been in the book yet, but she will be. Her and Zach don't look like twins, they aren't supposed to.

Word Count: 674