Chapter Forty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to go eat breakfast," I say half-heartedly. I know Niall feels bad for not exactly wanting a puppy at the moment, and I understand why, but I have always wanted one.

"Wait- is that why you woke me up with a bj?" He asks and bites his lip. I nod my head and smirk.

"Usually works," I wink at him before exiting the room. I forget that I am in only his t-shirt and underwear and run back in real fast.

"You should put on pants," He says and motions to my legs like I'm dumb and didn't notice.

"You shouldn't finish so fast," I mock him and watch as his cheeks go pink and he shuts his mouth. I almost feel bad for what I said, I cannot control anything I have said in the past few weeks, it's weird. "I love you," I say quickly and pull up a pair of sweatpants and exit the room.

When I make it down stairs I see Maura in the living room watching some old timey movie I have never heard of, after telling her good morning I excuse myself to the kitchen to make cereal. I pour the frosted flakes into the bowl before pouring a small amount of milk, after grabbing a spoon I make my way back into the kitchen. I see Niall sitting on the edge of the couch with his legs kind of open, now wearing sweatpants, and his left elbow resting on the side of the couch.

I sit down on his knee and he moves me so I sit on his lap and lets me get comfortable before placing his arms around my waist. I don't say a word as I quietly eat my cereal, them both engaging in conversation. I keep to my own thoughts but when I hear my name I look up quickly. "Sorry," I blush as I ask Maura what she was asking.

"You seem awfully quiet, you okay?" She questioned with concern in her eyes. I nod and set my bowl on the table, done with it and lean into Niall as he rubs my stomach.

"I'm fine," I say and smile at her. She nods not really believing before looking at Niall.

"She is being stubborn because I won't let her get a puppy, or at least I may," He says and I hit his chest. He makes a face as if asking, what did I do.

"Now I sound like a brat, thanks," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes. He sits up, taking me with him. Maura seems amused at our exchange.

"No you don't- okay a little, but we don't need a dog right now, okay?" He tells me and says each word like he is talking to a child.

"You are unbelievable," I say and roll my eyes again. He sighs and slumps back, rubbing his face with both of his hands before putting them behind his head, I try not to stare at his flexing biceps and try to regain my defensive state. "What if I just get the puppy for a little while, and if you fall in love with her like I may, then we can keep her. We can also train her so when the baby comes it will be okay."

I try to reason with him but I see no sign of reasoning on his face. "Babe," He starts but I place a finger on his lips.

"Please?" I beg and stick out my bottom lip. He groan and leans his head back. I hear Maura laugh and turn to smile at her. I look back at Niall and scoot farther in his lap, I place my hands on his chest and place my mouth to his ear.

"I will give you a blow job every morning for the next week," I say so quietly I didn't think he heard it. It takes him a moment to think over my words before making sure that's what I said.

"Fine, fine, fine, you can have the dog," He sighs and I jump in his lap and hug his neck tightly. "Only because I love you."

"Thank you, thank you, I love you, Love you, Thank you," I say over and over again as I hug him tightly. He rubs my back as I kiss his neck over and over again while telling him thank you. I pull away from the hug and smash our lips together, the kiss only lasts two seconds because I remember his mum is right next to us.