Chapter Twenty-Six

I laugh as Harry tries to tell another knock-knock joke. He has said three already and this is the first one that actually makes sense. I finish Zayns hair and do the last person, Niall. I am only touching their hair up, and putting a slight bit of make-up on all of them. They are going on in a few minutes and I cannot wait to see them perform. I haven't been able to see it in a few weeks and that was my favorite part of going on tour with them. 

Niall smiles at me softly before sitting down in the chair in front of me. I move him down a little, him being pretty tall and me short. Even with these tall heels he is still taller. I move closer and his knees tap my thighs. The little tingles that shoot through me makes my cheeks heat up. I shake it off and walk over to the table to grab a comb and hairspray. 

My hands move to cover his eyes and I feel his eyelashes brush against my hand as he flutters his eyes closed. I spray the top a bit before running the comb through. I do that same thing a few more times before I move back, my legs no longer touching his. I feel his eyes on me as I set everything down. He sits up and starts to stand before I push his chest down. He sits back down with a questioning look and I quickly pull my hand off his hard chest. 

"Let me fix the sides," I use my fingers to slowly move the shaved sides flatter. His eyes stay on my face and I become a little self conscious for some reason. 

"Thanks," He whispers as I stand back again. I can no longer smell the scent of him as I walk away and sit on the small couch. It disappoints me a little that he hasn't like begged me to come back to him. I know life isn't like a movie, but I don't even know anymore. I'm not sure if I can even trust him right this moment. 

"Kate," Niall sighs and takes a seat next to me. He keeps his distance as he takes my hands in his. I don't pull away as he motions for the boys to quit staring. They turn around, but I know they are eavesdropping.  "I know you are mad at me, and I completely understand why. I just wish you wouldn't be so guarded and tense around me."

I hear how sorry he is in his voice. I know he is sorry, but I can't just forgive him all together only two weeks after I find out he cheated on me. I don't know if I can fully trust him for a while. "Niall, I am going to be completely honest with you," He looks down at our intertwined hands and nods slowly. "I am not going to be able to forgive you so easily, I hope you know that," He nods again and my eyes water a little. "But I am willing to try, but we have to at least try to be friends again first."

He looks up at me with the biggest smile before pulling me in for a hug. He hugs me tightly, not wanting to let go. I hear Liam say, "Finally" Before Harry cheers and I giggle. 

"Friends," Niall whispered into my ear before saying the last words. "I will make you love me again." Then he is off on the stage. 

***********************************************************************************************************

I step into my LA loft hotel thing and take off my shoes. I didn't really feel like going to the after party and I know the boys aren't going so it won't be fun anyways. I walk into my room and slip off my dress before throwing on a t-shirt. I look through my draw and see I have like four of Nialls. I throw on one, just not caring anymore. It's white and you can see right through it, but I am living in this loft alone right now so I am fine. I think about putting on a bra but decide not to. I slip on a pair of leggings before throwing my curls into a ponytail and taking off all of my make-up. When it all comes off I just look tired. So, so tired. I haven't slept much at all. I am luck if I get five hours of sleep.

I have been working at a modeling studio and do make-up and hair for models photo shoots. That isn't all week though so I have a lot of free time, it pays very very well though. I have enough money and I already had a whole lot, so I am staying in a loft all by myself. It's quite cozy in the day time but at night it is gloomy and empty.