Chapter Forty-Two

"Kate? You almost ready?" I hear Nialls voice. He walks through the door to the bathroom, dressed in a nice suit and black dress shoes with his hair in a quiff.

I stand there trying to finish straightening my hair, my body only clothed in a nude strapless bra and nude underwear. I already am done with my make-up and am almost ready to go to Harrys' surprise party, I already have my ring on and diamond earrings. I turn to look at Niall to see him checking his watch.

"Baby, we have to leave in five minutes and you aren't even dressed?" He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. I bite back a smile at his frustrated stance and set the straightener down. I unplug it before walking over to him.

"It's okay, it doesn't start until 9:00 and it's 7:45," I say and hold his face in my hands. I place both of my palms over each of his cheeks. He smiles a little and leans in to kiss me.

"I know, we just need to help set up and I want the party to be perfect," He grumbles. I kiss him again before turning to go get dressed.

"It will," I feel a slap on my bum and don't even turn around, knowing it was Niall. I pull up the Shiny black and greenish/turquoise dress. It has sleeves that are the size of t-shirt sleeves and the neck line goes up to my collar bones, the dress is actually pretty short and comes a bit higher than mid thigh, making my tan legs look long. I put a pair of black louboutin platform pumps and turn to walk over to Niall so he can zip my dress.

"Thank you," I say once I feel his warm hands run up my cool back. He pulls my hair so it cascades down my back and turns me to look me up and down.

"You look beautiful," I blush slightly for no reason and lean forward to kiss him, careful not to smudge my nude lip-gloss.

"You look very handsome yourself," I compliment, he bows as if saying he knows and I laugh, he hands me my black leather clutch before helping me put on my leather jacket.  I watch as he unplugs my phone from the charger and hands me it before taking my hand in his and walking us downstairs.

As soon as we hit the bottom floor I see Clair sitting on the couch scrolling through twitter on her phone. She hears my heels and gets up, she is wearing a black leather high neckline dress that comes in at her waist to show off her amazing figure and then goes out just the slightest bit. She is also wearing bright red pumps and her hair is stick straight, bobby pinned to get some of it out of her face. She looks gorgeous.

"Oh my gosh you look so great," She compliments. I thank her and say she looks good too, after our encounter Niall takes us to the silver range rover and opens it for us both.

"Thank you," Clair and I both say. He nods and goes around to the driver seat and slides in. The car is freezing and I only have the leather jacket to keep me warm. Niall notices how I try to wrap the jacket closer around me and turns up the heat.

"Sorry," He says and puts it on full blast. Once we pull out of the driveway, we make our way onto our neighborhood street. His hand comes down to rest on my thigh and I silently thank god that I decided to shave my legs. He leaves his palm flat on my left thigh but lets his thumb rub it soothingly. It is mostly silent, only the soft music playing in the background.

"Where is the party?" Clair speaks up for the first time since we got in the car. I see her in the rear view mirror looking out the window, taking in the sight of LA.

"At a club down here, Harry thinks Louis is just taking him out to have fun on his birthday but no, we rented out the whole club and everyone is there," Niall smiles widely at his plan. I place my right hand over his that is on my thigh and lock our fingers together. He smiles down at me and kisses my cheek before letting his eyes stay on the road.