In the ~waves~ of change...

Arjun's pov:

My eyelashes faintly battled against the eyelids as I tried to blink my eyes open. My muscles felt so weak. I couldn't move. From the overpowering smell of the medicines, I realised that I was occupying myself on the pale blue coloured hospital bed. As I tried to move my hands, I couldn't ; it stung - pain from my veins that were holding the needles of the IV . Also an tormenting pain was shooting through my elbows; The accident;
Glimpses of the last night's accident came as a flash before my eyes.

Where is Neha?? Our baby? Are they okay?

While I attempted to get up from the bed , a doctor in his white attire walked in followed by my mom.
As I struggled to move, the doctor came forward ,stood by my bed and cautioned me, "Arjun, you need rest for a couple of days , please don't strain yourself.. "
That didn't enter into my sick brain. All I needed now was to know about Neha."She is okay!" , we're the words I was dying to hear.

Gaining a little composure, I tried to speak, " D.. Do.. Doctor.. My wife ...our baby..Are they safe? , I have to see her...", I shouted out as I tried to pull away the iv needles off my wrist.

Seeing me turn out vigorous, my mom came running towards me and tried to pacify me, " Arjun calm down..., Neha is safe !!.", she yelled out embracing me by my shoulders. "She is in the ICU undergoing some medication, you can see her in a while. ", she assured. Taking a seat near me in the bed she promised that Neha was alright and started ruffling her fingers through my hair.

Inbetween staring the ceiling walls and glancing those pale white curtains of the hospital cubicle that were mildly fluttering now and then, my thoughts were just hovering around the accident. Though my mom was sitting by my side and assuring that everything was alright , I couldn't relax myself. I wanted to see her. I badly wanted to witness myself that she was alright. Every tissue of me was aching to see her. It's been hours they kept on telling these ICU stories. Little by little I was losing my patience. Even those heavy tranquilizers failed to put me to sleep. Half drowsy due to the doses of injections and half awaken with the thoughts to see my love, I was facing a very bad time in my life.

Somehow I dozed ,in that half asleep and half awaken state for what it seemed like hours until I felt a pricking pain through my nerves. When I blinked my lashes open, a nurse was standing by my bed post , applying some antiseptic to the scars .She carefully removed the iv needles that were finding residence on my veins and rubbed that portion of my skin with cotton. After injecting another dose of some medicine , she left , leaving that confined hospital room empty.

A soundful wail from the adjacent room made me anxious . Neha! -My innerself warned. My eyes roamed around the room and noticed that my mom was also not there. With no further delay , I myself decided to go and check out what was happening outside. Slowly I got up from the bed and walked towards the exit of the room. Pushing away the door , I stepped out of the room , the nurse came from nowhere and tried to stop me. But nothing is gonna stop me from seeing her.

My ankle and knee throbbed in pain, somehow limping through the walkway , I attained my position in front of the ICU. I peeped inside through the small glass vent of the ICU. I could see Neha lying there amidst of so many wires that crisscrossed across her body with some unique machines displaying few zigzag lines here and there. An oxygen mask covered her nostrils and mouth; probably she must be breathing artificially. I didn't fail to notice her head, her legs, her arms that were gauzed up in bandages. My heart squeezed in pain seeing such a sight. Tears flooded through my orbs , there was no little courage left in me to see her lay there motionless amidst of all those medical instruments.

Tearfilled, I stumbled across the door iteslf. My mom and dad ran towards me and supported me by my shoulders and guided me into the ICU.

There was waiting the biggest shock of my life. There are no words to explain the pain and sorrow I was go going through... Needless to say, I couldnt believe that we had lost our baby. Our little love whom I fell in love with from the minute I knew that it was breathing inside her was no more.. And my love is laying still unaware of anything that happened to her. She was into coma still fighting for her life.