Misconceptions :(

Neha's pov:

"Don't be too happy or you'll have to cry afterwards" many times I've felt these lines to be true in my life. The whole day spent with Arjun was smashing till the moment he queried about my parents .That was totally unexpected . I was damn sure that I 'll be breaking down into tears at any time but I didn't want that to happen in front of Arjun .

Inevitable tears were already popping out of my eyes. Before bursting out I quickly waved good bye to Arjun and strode towards my home taking faster steps. I unlocked the door ,went inside and locked the door with a bang , throwed away my tote somewhere in a corner, laid down on to my bed and let out a wail. I cried harder for minutes. I missed my parents a lot. Its been two years , I am trying to come over their loss. But nothing has changed. I loved them a lot , and I will love them forever. So this pain is meant to be forever. Nobody can replace our parents love isn't it?

My phone rang by that time. As I guessed it was none other than Abhay. This guy is seriously a prescient.When ever I have a bad mood, somehow he will have a telepathy.

I picked up the call..

"Hi Nehss!!wat doing?? " He asked.

"Nothing Bebo..Just trying to sleep" I said controlling my sobs and sniffing.

"You are sobbing right! Arghh Nehaaaa.....Then it's the right time I called" He muttered.

"Nehss U know what ? I am bringing your favorite kpop Min ho right now. I am sure he will run away seeing your face with spoiled make up and swollen eyes. Look at your spooky face in the mirror." he said giggling.

Awww this guy!! He really knows the trick to calm down my mood swings. This poor guy is very weak in dealing with emotional situations. Whenever I cry he used to criticise me and change the topic somewhere else.

"Abhay stop teasing . I am going to kill you" I said in a irritated tone.

"Hahaaa..No worries I won't bring him.. I dont wanna spoil that poor guys life" he chuckled.

I couldn't control my laugh. I cried and laughed at the same time." U idiot sure you'll get for this when I meet you."

"Let's see who is gonna get. I bet you can't lazy rabbit" he chortled.

"Bet accepted idiot. We will see that tomorrow. Take care.Good nite "I said. and hanged the call.

I felt a bit okay after talking to Abhay. Over smart idiot. It was in our second grade, we were deskmates in class , from that day till present our friendship lasts. We even got the chance to study in the same college.Seeing us clinging together all the time, so many have mistooken our friendship as love. Me and Abhay used to laugh hard for these comments , we knew our relationship was pure friendship and nothing beyond that. Its more than a decade's friendship.

I splashed water over my face, changed to pyjamas and tee and fell on to my bed ,closed my eyes tightly. Now it was the memories of the whole day with Arjun.The furious ride with him and the dinner filled into my mind and I dunno when I dozed off.

The next day was sunday , so as planned I met Abhay at the phoenix mall. As he was leaving to US in a couple of days we did a lot of last minute shopping for him and this lazy guy did'nt even start his packing. His mom had invited me for lunch as she hadn't seen me for a long time. I promised her that I would be coming for sure , but the actual reason I accepted was there is chance of seeing Arjun .

After our shopping , gossips and ice creams we finally headed to his home. Aunty welcomed me with a warm hug and a peck on my forehead.My eyes were searching for Arjun already, but he was found no where.

Me and aunty helped Abhay in packing his things, then she served us with lunch. I always love her yummy food. She is a brilliant cook. Then we had a few general talks. All the while I expected for Arjun to come, but he didn't. In the middle of our talks, aunty groaned "Arjun and Nikki went somewhere..still they didn't come ! This kids are not at all responsible".

Arjun and Nikki..Who might be this Nikki?? I have seen this name many times in his caller ID. His girlfriend ?There is no wonder if Mr.Handsome has got a girlfriend.
My face shrunk in these thoughts after that I was zoned out completely and my heart clenched in pain.

But why do I feel so? What is the big deal if he has a girlfriend.

Arjun's pov:

I felt bad for Neha. I should'nt have asked about her parents. I saw tears cascading down her cheeks. I wanted to rub away her tears , hug her and soothe her.But I could'nt do this , after all we agreed to be friends only before few minutes. I had no wish in leaving her at this state. But I had to. Without even raising her hand to wipe the tears she urged to bid good bye and marched towards her home. I know she would be crying like hell. But I could'nt help her. I drifted to sleep thinking of the wonderful moments spent with Neha.

The next day was sunday and I was happy that I don't have to attend office. So me and Nikhil went to our biking school , and was left busy in our practising sessions. Only five days were left for the race ,I had to practise hard. So for the next two days also I took an early off from office .

That day, I was awaken by my little brother. He was pulling me out of the bed spreads and started hitting me with a pillow.

"Hey Monkey! What an awesome wake up call ..Why are you hitting me like this ?" I yelled.

"Ohh for your info this small monkey is leaving to US today and it seems you don't even care about it "He pouted.

"Shhh..April 22nd ! Is it today ? I..I am really sorry..I was busy with works..I totally forgot". I tried apologising and promised to go along with him to the airport to give him send off".

"That's better ! For that you must get ready stupid" he annoyed me with a hard slap in my arms and left.

I hurriedly got ready and came down , I could glance my mom giving lectures to Abhay "Eat regularly.Call regularly.No bad habbits, blah blah.." and the list continued. I felt it so much funny and a smile crept on my face seeing everything. At the same time I was even worried a bit," if this guy leaves then mom and dad's lecture classes will be totaļly for me. I have to bare them" , I decided not to think about this now.

He got blessings from mom and dad. Driver placed all the luggages in the car and we were about to leave. I insisted them to leave by car and stipulated to go by bike. My mom didn't like it much but she agreed to me , not wanting to create a mess at this time. I reached the airport within 15 minutes but they were late. I was waiting for them to arrive, in the meantime I was checking out the texts in my phone, one was from Neha informing that she was ill and will be on off today. This is the first time she is taking leave. Poor girl ! she is ill? What would've happened??.. I was worried about her.

By then mom , dad and Abhay came.

We were waiting at the lounge and Abhay didn't go to the check-in counter. He waited for some friend who was on the way.

Suddenly he jumped in joy and uttered "Mom she came !"and went running towards the door. He hugged someone. When they pulled out of the hug ,that face pushed me into a wide shock.

It was none other than Neha.

"What is she doing here. She texted me that she was ill and now she is here that too hugging my brother. "I was totally confused.

Is she his girfriend ?? May be ! I clenched my fists in fury ,with anger spread all over my face.

How was the chapter guys??
Please leave your valuable comments!!
Feel free to point out my mistakes.I will be glad ..

Sarang hae❤❤